Can anyone tell me how to use the blackberry messenger on my 8330 curve from verizon? Remember i'm a newbie so please try and explain in detail oh yeah and does that count as text messaging?? Thanks
    10-27-08 05:39 PM
    I've never owned a curve, but you should have an icon for it somewhere on your desktop (of the BlackBerry)?
    10-27-08 05:41 PM
    You need to add contacts. Anyone with a blackberry can chat with you on messenger. You can add them through email or pin. It uses data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-08 05:42 PM
    Also - BB messenger does NOT qualify as texting. It uses DATA so make sure you have a data plan.

Do you have the user guide for your phone? If so, it should give you detailed instructions on how to add contacts and make your way around bbm
    10-27-08 05:47 PM
    Like everyone else said, it does NOT qualify as text messages. It uses Data. But obviously if you have Verizon they don't let you take a blackberry home without a blackberry plan which is $30/month. So you're good to send messages day and night.

To use Blackberry Messenger, the other person needs to have a blackberry also. Click on the BB icon. Then click the menu button and "add contact." From there enter their email or PIN. That's send the other person an 'invitation.' Once they accept it's pretty much under your buddies. Then just use it like you were IM'ing them.
    10-27-08 08:03 PM
    10-27-08 08:35 PM
    once you figure out bbm its hook-line-sink

ADDICTION
    10-28-08 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD