I just got a 9700 and it is running 5.0.0.296

I saw somebody say that there is a newer version somewhere? I tried to use my desktop manager to search for updates but there arent any. Is the newer version somebody was talking about just a beta link? Thanks.

Also, while we are here, would a 9000 running 5.0 be as fast as a 9700 running 5.0?
    12-11-09 12:22 PM
    New models often have several updates as software development continues. The one you should have is your carriers authorized version, that is why the upgrade check does not recommend doing the upgrade.

If you what to install beta OS software or software authorized by other carriers, you can do it manualy.

There are several resources threads have the latest OS versions and the instructions to install them.

9000 and 9700 have similar CPU and run at similar speeds. I would be surprised if there is much, or any difference.
    12-11-09 01:21 PM
    New models often have several updates as software development continues. The one you should have is your carriers authorized version, that is why the upgrade check does not recommend doing the upgrade.

If you what to install beta OS software or software authorized by other carriers, you can do it manualy.

There are several resources threads have the latest OS versions and the instructions to install them.

9000 and 9700 have similar CPU and run at similar speeds. I would be surprised if there is much, or any difference.
    Great! Thank you : )
    12-11-09 01:39 PM
    Everything you wanted to know about Betas but were afraid to ask......

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/
    12-11-09 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD