I need help.
    so I removed my memory card from my bold and put it into my 8900. while it was on the bold it was encrypted, but i un-encrypted the card before i installed it inside the 8900.for some reason the 8900 was freezing up on me with the memory card in, so i took it out and put back into the bold.

ok here is my problem
    now the memory card saids that its encrypted on a different device. and its saying this on both the 8900 and the bold.

is there anyway to fix this and restore my memory card with out having to format the card
    09-16-09 09:23 PM
    Doubt it, I had to move all my info to my computer desk too then format my card to my new phone then drag it back to the card, not only from my old pearl 8130 to my new 8230 flip but when I had to do a warranty on my old pearl I went from 4.3 to 4.5 and the card wouldn't read until I used my computer to transfer so I could format. It is a pain but atleast you don't lose everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 09:35 PM
    Thread title changed to make it more meaningful.
    09-16-09 10:01 PM
    damn, so i have to format my card?
    i didn't want to lose all of my pictures
    09-17-09 08:40 AM
    Do you not have a backup from when you decrypted the card? Always make a backup when doing critical tasks like that.

Also note: you should keep up to date backups of those cards in a safe place as you never know when you phone may break and you cannot get back into the card without that phone in operating condition.
    09-17-09 10:50 AM
    You shouldn't have to lose all your pictures, although if they are really important to you, you should make a copy of your card from time to time.

Just get a card reader that plugs directly into your PC. You should be able to use that reader to copy the cards contents to your PC hard drive, then format the card (in the phone...not from the PC) and then copy the contents from the PC back onto the reformatted card.
    09-17-09 11:34 AM
    You shouldn't have to lose all your pictures, although if they are really important to you, you should make a copy of your card from time to time.

Just get a card reader that plugs directly into your PC. You should be able to use that reader to copy the cards contents to your PC hard drive, then format the card (in the phone...not from the PC) and then copy the contents from the PC back onto the reformatted card.
    Ummm.... the whole point of the card being encrypted is that you can't just put it into a different device (phone OR computer) and read the contents.
    09-17-09 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD