Ok - I had email nicely syncing to an Exchange account via the BIS, and Bluetooth based sync to everything else via my PC - all just as I wanted

Fiddling about, I managed to get the destop redirector in DM 5 fired off, then all went wrong. New 'Desktop' service books insist on getting sent to my BB, sync is screwed up (wanting to sync via the redirector only) etc etc. Even DM now (via the redirector) thinks my BB is connected to it OTA (and I don't mean via Bluetooth)!

HOW CAN I BACK OUT OF THIS? I want to kill off the redirector and Enterprise activation from starting for good and go back to where I was. I don't mind purging my BB if I have to but if I JUST do that the whole enterprse thing will come back like a bad penny I think, service books and all.

Arrrggghhhhhhhhhh

Hellllllpppppp....
    01-17-10 11:06 AM
    Remove and reinstall DM. That should do the trick.
    01-17-10 11:20 AM
    Uninstall BBDM, delete DM CMIME and CCAL from your service books and reinstall BBDM using "Personal Email" rather then the BES set up.
    01-17-10 11:21 AM
    Remove and reinstall DM. That should do the trick.
    Not quite, the desktop CMIME and CCAL service books also have to go from the device otherwise, it'll just repeat the process. Also, BBDM has to be installed with the assumption of personal email being used.
    01-17-10 11:22 AM
    Will this also stop the "desktop" service books coming back when I re-send service books? At the moment if I close down DM, delete the service books and resend the service books the desktop ones come back, even without restarting DM...
    01-17-10 11:52 AM
    Seems to have worked. Thanks :-) One problem remains - I can't seem to get Bluetooth working to sync to DM. It was. Just noticed in the BB Bluetooth config that Serial Port Profile and Wireless Bypass settings are unticked AND greyed out so I can't set them. I *think* they were ticed before. Any ideas?
    01-17-10 01:23 PM
    Ah. Stupid redirector left a default security policy. Now removed.
    01-17-10 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD