Is there a way to turn off the LED indicator light for certain notifications? I get so much junk email that I don't need the light to keep telling me whenever I get an email. Same thing for calendar items. The red light stays blinking until I read the email or dismiss the calendar item, but that might not happen until the next morning. Last night the light was blinking all night long and it drained all my battery power. I would like to change those notifications to a short sound instead of a continuously blinking light.

I've been to Options -> Screen/Keyboard and the LED Coverage Indicator has always been OFF so that is not the cause of these notifications. I've also been told to go to profiles but I am not sure how to get into that. Can anyone please help?

I'm using Blackberry Bold 9650 and OS version 5.0.0.975
    12-11-10 03:59 PM
    Go into profile setting. Change email alert setting in email . LED off.
    12-11-10 04:00 PM
    Go into profile setting. Change email alert setting in email . LED off.
    I concur. If I recall correctly, this can be applied to individual email accounts as well...
    12-11-10 04:03 PM
    Yep any kind of messages, app, etc in that profile setting.
    12-11-10 04:05 PM
    Wow, these are great forums. I was about to come back and delete my original thread because I had figured it out but there are already 3 replies!

My problem was that I didn't know how to get into the Profiles. There is no Profiles when you go into Options or Advanced Options or Setup. No icon called Profiles in the Home screen either. I finally saw that it's located in the top left corner beneath the battery indicator.

There have probably been hundreds of threads out there explaining to edit the profiles but very few that actually mention where it is located!
    12-11-10 04:26 PM
    Wow, these are great forums. I was about to come back and delete my original thread because I had figured it out but there are already 3 replies!

My problem was that I didn't know how to get into the Profiles. There is no Profiles when you go into Options or Advanced Options or Setup. No icon called Profiles in the Home screen either. I finally saw that it's located in the top left corner beneath the battery indicator.

There have probably been hundreds of threads out there explaining to edit the profiles but very few that actually mention where it is located!
    Did you try to unhide your icons? I seem to remember there being an icon for it either there or perhaps under options/sounds. I'll edit this once I'm home and can look at my old Tour with the correct info if nobody posts it first... You can set your profiles selection up to replace one of the softkeys as well if you so desire.
    12-11-10 04:43 PM
    Did you try to unhide your icons? I seem to remember there being an icon for it either there or perhaps under options/sounds. I'll edit this once I'm home and can look at my old Tour with the correct info if nobody posts it first... You can set your profiles selection up to replace one of the softkeys as well if you so desire.
    The Profile icon is part of the core system, it can't be hidden.

That blinking LED is not a significant drain on your battery, the power drawn by a LED is negligible.

The big picture issue is your SPAM messages. Once your email is in their hand, the only solution is to replace it with a new address.
    12-11-10 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD