Thread Header should read WITHOUT sms

I do not have a sms package with my service provider but I do have an unlimited data plan. Is there a way for me to text message to someone who is sms happy without getting hit with multiple charges for sms-ing outside of my plan?

If so how, do i do it?
    04-07-08 09:27 PM
    You could send emails to their text email address.
    04-07-08 09:28 PM
    Correct. If you don't know what their text email addresses are, you can email to PHONENUMBER@teleflip.com. When they respond, you'll have their text email address to use in the future.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-08 09:34 PM
    Correct. If you don't know what their text email addresses are, you can email to PHONENUMBER@teleflip.com. When they respond, you'll have their text email address to use in the future.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i think with tmo if you have a voice plan and the 19.99 bb unlimted data add on you have 300 sms/mms in your bucket.
    04-07-08 09:37 PM
    Does the phonenumber@teleflip.com thing work with people who do not have a BB?
    04-07-08 09:38 PM
    i think with tmo if you have a voice plan and the 19.99 bb unlimted data add on you have 300 sms/mms in your bucket.
    Unfortunately, it's only 10 sms/mms.
    04-07-08 09:40 PM
    Text messaging is the same thing as SMS.
    04-07-08 09:56 PM
    Is the result back an email or a sms text message? I, too, have NO txt allowance so each message costs whatever.
    04-08-08 12:35 AM
    Text messaging is the same thing as SMS.
    Yes, thank you. Sorry, but the thread header is unfortunate typo that I tried to fix in the initial post.

I meant to type "How can I text message without using SMS." I have an unlimited data package and something like 10 SMS/MMS in my plan. I'm at an age that did not think that I would be using SMS much.

I'm curious whether it is possible to send a message using Google Talk, another IM client, or email when the phone that I am messaging to is not a BB, and may not necessarily be Internet ready/capable.

There are some good suggestions above already, but are there are other ideas out there?
    04-08-08 06:19 AM
    Is the result back an email or a sms text message? I, too, have NO txt allowance so each message costs whatever.
    Yes, if you send it to their phone email address when they reply it will come back as an email in your blackberry.
    04-08-08 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD