I am totally new to this but I really need help.. I don't know how to get my BIS setup and my service books, I have an Blackberry Tour 9630 Unlocked...Also I can fully browse the web... Any help would gladly be appreciated..
    09-02-11 07:39 PM
    Settings ... host routing table. Menu key ... register now.

That will send the service books to your phone.
    09-02-11 08:01 PM
    I've tried that, it will say registration message sent but I dnt get any little confirmation msg or anything back.
    09-03-11 08:33 AM
    What country? What carrier? Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan active for the device?

If the device is one that your carrier doesn't sell, have you manually loaded the Service Books?

Otherwise, have you resent your Service Books?
    09-03-11 08:58 AM
    You can't register your phone and get the service books if you're unlovked and using another carrier. you'll need to do a web search or call your carrier and get the service books and download their service books. It's hard to help you when your questions so vague.
    As the other poster asks: Whose the original carrier of your phone? Whose service are you using? Do they support BIS? Are you paying for the data plan? What OS are you using?
    Then I would post your question on the 9630 forum. Howard's forums has a lot of the hacking stuff.
    09-03-11 09:52 AM
    Well the original carrier of the phone is Verizon Wireless, the carrier that I currently have with the phone is At&t.. I have an unlimited data plan with AT&T, and my OS is 5.0.0.975.
    09-03-11 09:35 PM
    Do you have a blackberry-specific data plan?
    09-03-11 09:45 PM
    Well the original carrier of the phone is Verizon Wireless, the carrier that I currently have with the phone is At&t.. I have an unlimited data plan with AT&T, and my OS is 5.0.0.975.
    You will need to manually load the Service Books. And you will need an active BlackBerry Data Plan. I generic data plan won't work.

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...m-95xx-107154/
    09-03-11 10:03 PM
    You will need to manually load the Service Books. And you will need an active BlackBerry Data Plan. I generic data plan won't work.

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...m-95xx-107154/
    Agree, follow the instructions and install it but before you do that call att and make sure that you have a Blackberry data plan.
    09-04-11 04:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD