When I set up my blackberry I set up a vzw.blackberry.net account. I'm not sure why I even did that. Is it required for something? Anyway, sometimes when I email stuff it gets sent with that address which I don't ever want to use. Is there a way to get rid of it? I don't even want it on my blackberry at all. Thanks for your help.
    03-22-09 05:54 PM
    have you tried logging in to the Verizon BIS site and deleting that particular account?
    BlackBerry Internet Service
    03-22-09 06:25 PM
    Oh I see there that I can delete the email address. At the bottom it says that "the email address for your blackberry is *********@vzw.blackberry.net What happens if I delete that email address then?
    03-22-09 06:42 PM
    then it deletes that particular email account. Any other email account you have set up shouldn't be affected (I am assuming you do have another email account set up)
    03-22-09 06:45 PM
    OK I deleted the email account. How do I get the subsequent folder off my device now? I re-sent my service books and I still have the old folder showing the email account.
    03-22-09 07:08 PM
    On your device, I think you should be able to start Email Settings, login using the same authentication as the carrier's BIS site, and delete the BlackBerry account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 08:05 PM
    Ok, I have never actually tried to delete my blackberry account but I would think that if you did this it would work. Go to options/advanced options/service book then delete the CICAL and CMIME entries that are associated with the account in question. Keep in mind I think this will delete the folder off your device but before your try this do a battery pull. Also try at your own risk...
    03-22-09 08:14 PM
    I tried the battery pull which did nothing. I'm not sure I want to start deleting stuff. Is there any need for the blackberry email?

03-22-09 08:24 PM
    Not that I know of. If you deleted the account and resent service books but still have the folder and have functionality of the other email address delete the service book for the blackberry account wont do anything. Lets say you do this then the icon is gone and it comes back a week or so later. It would be like how facebook is for tmo customers. If i delete the icon this way it is gone untio I have my service books resent again.
    03-22-09 08:34 PM
    Another option. From your icon view screen, Menu, Add Folder, name your folder whatever you want like Applications, etc.

Move your BB email icon and any other icon you don't use into this folder. Out of sight, out of mind.

03-22-09 08:37 PM
    how about you just hit the blackberry button when the folder in question is highlighted and select delete? it is that easy
    03-22-09 08:45 PM
    Deleting those two service books did the trick. Thanks.

03-22-09 08:47 PM
    how about you just hit the blackberry button when the folder in question is highlighted and select delete? it is that easy
    Delete isn't an option on the menu.

03-22-09 08:53 PM
    Deleting those two service books did the trick. Thanks.

It remains to be seen whether it gets resent the next time you send service books to your BB.

03-22-09 08:54 PM
    I re-sent service books just to see and it never came back. Bye bye!
    03-22-09 09:56 PM
    Good to know. Thanks.

03-22-09 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD