09-12-08 03:55 AM
- Does anyone know when you add insurance if they make you text them or call them from your phone?
My plan shows that I "declined" insurance, but it was not offered to me, and guess what? I lost my BB so I would like to add insurance before reporting it.
I have a call in to lost & found at the one place I had the phone, but chances are slim I will ever see it again. Hopefully the default bb lock will keep the finder from using the phone. ??
VERY upset and sad!!09-07-08 03:17 PM
- You have 9 days from the date of purchase to get insurance. I learned the hard way with my old phone! The only company that offers it is Assurion. You get it where you purchased the phone. It won't do any good to get it after the 9 days, cause it won't cover your phone for theft etc.09-07-08 04:10 PM
- They let me add it, but said something like it is an in-house insurance. Not sure what that means. I did not report the phone lost... this is where it gets crazy... very CSI!!
My friends recommended that I wait a week to report it since I had the address label inside of the phone and someone may send it back. I have been watching the VZ bill on-line and guess what? Some numbers started appearing, someone is using my phone.
So tonight I called a number that had been dialed on the phone and I talked to some guy and asked him to call the person who has my phone and tell them to give it back to me!! He played dumb and I said, no, you got a call last night at 814 for 11 minutes and the person was using MY phone, you know who it is. He said he would check then hung up on me so I called back and left my work cell number on his voice mail.
The same guy called me back minutes later and said that he lives in a different state, but his son had called him yesterday from my phone and apparently his son found it and told his dad you can call me anytime at this number. SO... the man said he would call his son in the a.m. and tell him to send the phone back to me!!
Crazy!! I will call tomorrow and have the service shut off after I hear back from the nice dad... I may never see the BB again... but there is a chance!
Wish me luck!09-10-08 02:12 AM
- If you have the phone number of someone associated with the person who has your BB and you want to you can report it to the authorities providing the evidence needed to establish it as your BB and the phone number they called. Then they can go get your BB since it technically would be stolen property even if they just found it. By not attempting to return it to the rightful owner. I don't know if they will do it but they could track the BB via emergency GPS location service.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com09-10-08 02:41 AM
- Thanks Stone, I figured that would be the next step. I will first give them a chance to get it back to me but if not, then I will probably have to go file a police report. I doubt they have the resources to chase after my BB unless it is a suspected ring of BB thieves!! Although to me it is justified!!
Just when I thought I would get some sleep since I don't have my BB, I am up late here posting about it. aggghh
It truly is an obsession! I love this site!!09-10-08 03:13 AM
- hope you don't have international dialing on there! I worked in Fraud at Sprint PCS and you'd be amazed how fast the bill can rack up!! I'm talking thousands of dollars even if you don't have international dialing!! I'd be scared to give a potential criminal any number of mine! lol
Good luck!!09-10-08 02:21 PM
- Sorry to take over this thread with this story! But I was asked to update.
So early this a.m. the man called me back and said that the Mom is going to send the phone back to me. I offered to go pick it up, but he hadn't heard back from her. He since called and said that she mailed it this a.m. ?? There were only 2 calls from the phone the rest looked like the "kid" was on the internet.
Question? Can I call VZ and have them temporarily shut off the service and turn it back on when I get it back? My friend seemed to think that if I shut off service it is a big mess to get it turned back on.
Does anyone have experience with this?
Last edited by bellavino; 09-10-08 at 04:37 PM.09-10-08 02:22 PM
- Try to get the Dad to give you the number so you can put the threat of police pressure on them. You might want to start a thread over in your carrier's cb forum. Sometimes company reps read and answer posts there.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com09-10-08 06:26 PM
- That is a good idea, I had to leave it on voicemail, but I did ask. I think I have enough information with the numbers recorded on the VZ record to prosecute. Plus the dad left a message saying they sent the phone, confirming posession of it. All I can do is give it a few days and if I don't get the BB I will go to the police.
Patience waiting for the BB is the hard part. aagghhh
Has anyone ever lost a BB and had someone return it??09-10-08 08:53 PM
- You have 9 days from the date of purchase to get insurance. I learned the hard way with my old phone! The only company that offers it is Assurion. You get it where you purchased the phone. It won't do any good to get it after the 9 days, cause it won't cover your phone for theft etc.
If I remember correctly, most carriers that offer insurance all do so on different time frames; its something like 14-30 days in which you can add insurance to your account. The last I heard, Sprint was w/In 30 days of activating the phone.
All insurance claims are done through Asurion. Some members here have said that they dropped the insurance after a year. I personally feel that dropping it is a bad move because you never know if/when you'd need it.
I think $50 bucks is a small price to pay as opposed to $400 for a new phone.09-10-08 09:16 PM
- Long story short... ANOTHER phone call today ... more lies.. but I was able to drive 1.5 hrs in traffic to recover my BB that he apparently found in front of my house.
No worries, phone back everything ready to retrieve, dun dun daaaaaa VZ sux wireless steps in.... in an effort to get BB back online, makes me delete EVERYTHING in service books... I follow directions... = Phone mem trashed... they deleted things other reps were shocked when I called back!! ...amazing that the VZ people who SUCK get paid to do this garbage with no accountability... gee if I ever get laid off... I may... NO!
Fortuantely I had backed up the device prior to the loss and between my back up and this site, my BB is back and functioning close to normal! Now I know why I was warned agains turning off activation then re-activating. There is a lot to go thru. Be very careful if ever asked to delete everything in service books!!
Back up early and often...
I am truly thankful for the info and support from this site!!09-12-08 03:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD