Hy Everyone,

I have heard that there is a way to delete unwanted pre-loaded ringtones to save more space and I don't know how to do it. Does anyone know how to do it. I had read about it from some one on Crackberry and that is how I got the ideal about saving memory. He didn't say how, just said do it.

I have a Curve 8310.

Thank you for your responses they will be very much appreciated.
    03-17-08 10:36 AM
    Sith_Apprentice Sith_Apprentice's posts has detailed instructions.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/bit-...han-bit-14386/
    03-17-08 12:03 PM
    Deleted all ringtones from the manager and took out the battery
    01-11-09 02:00 PM
    Personally, *I* wouldnt do it, Ive seen people posted problems when they remove the preloaded ringtones ( no more vibrations etc ) and more issues when they removed the preloaded Dimension themes too.

But, your phone.
    01-11-09 02:13 PM
    I had the 8310 and downloaded MaxMem (search it through Google). It gives you a list of items it can delete, e.g. pre-loaded ringtones, mobile data app, push to talk, and "experimental languages", among other things. I did not delete the theme packages though and its probably a good idea to keep them. It also gives you options on deleting some BB type stuff. I don't remember what they were but they sounded important so I didn't mess with them. I had no problems with the phone after that. I just used it on my 9700 and gained 13 MB. Not that I needed it, it took me to 132 MB. Back up on desktop manager first, of course.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-09 08:40 PM
    The preloaded ringtones are compressed and take up very little memory. IMO it is not worth the trouble to remove them for the insignificant gain in memory. And as some one else said, when they are removed some other things may not work. This is because they are part of the OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-09 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD