I'll jump right into the specific. The site in question is "smash.gg". It's not the only one though, I've seen this in other spots too.

I have no problem with the certificate in normal desktop browsers, but on my phones browser I get an error every time.

"Site Blocked

This site has been identified as a security risk and has been blocked to protect your privacy."

I have an expand for details option, which shows:

"Certificate Error
    The certificate for this website might not be valid."

After that I have Learn More and View Certificate options. But nothing I can find any there is useful. I'm pretty much just looking for a 'continue anyway' sort of option.

Is there a way to make this work?

Thanks.
    06-20-16 08:24 AM
    What version of BB10 are you on?

Try with a different browser.... I find Browsie Browser, QBrowser Pro, and Evolution to be the strongest contenders for the Native browser, which has problems with many sites these days... due to the lack of updates.

Try with a different browser.... I find Browsie Browser, QBrowser Pro, and Evolution to be the strongest contenders for the Native browser, which has problems with many sites these days... due to the lack of updates.
    06-20-16 08:59 AM
    It's easier to import the certificate that the site is using into your Trusted CA root. Assuming you're not using BES.
    06-20-16 09:22 AM
    No "add an exception"? My BB10 browser gives me one when visiting, e.g.:

http://knowbe4. com

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    06-20-16 04:57 PM
    How do I create an exception for a website BB deems to have invalid certificate?-img_20160621_075242.png
    How do I create an exception for a website BB deems to have invalid certificate?-img_20160621_075250.png
    How do I create an exception for a website BB deems to have invalid certificate?-img_20160621_075254.png
    How do I create an exception for a website BB deems to have invalid certificate?-img_20160621_075305_.jpg

06-20-16 04:58 PM
    Does that show up on your device? ^
    Please visit the above domain knowb4.com and check for us. They are a security company, so don't worry... :-)

06-20-16 04:59 PM

On BB 10.3.2.556

Of those browsers, the only gratis one is QBrowser (not Pro), and it hits the same error. Is there a good Android browser I could possibly try to sideload?

It's easier to import the certificate that the site is using into your Trusted CA root. Assuming you're not using BES.
    Can you give more details or a link on the best way to go about this?

Does that show up on your device? ^
    Please visit the above domain knowb4.com and check for us. They are a security company, so don't worry... :-)
    I do get the exception option there. So they must be different sorts of certificate errors.
    06-22-16 07:36 AM
    On BB 10.3.2.556

Of those browsers, the only gratis one is QBrowser (not Pro), and it hits the same error. Is there a good Android browser I could possibly try to sideload?

Can you give more details or a link on the best way to go about this?

I do get the exception option there. So they must be different sorts of certificate errors.
    Ensure that your date and time is correct on your device at times there is a bug appearing that switches your date and time after let's say your battery conks out and your recharge. If the date and time is off you will not be able to access certain sites with an error occurring such as yours with respect to the certificate.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-16 08:39 AM
    Ensure that your date and time is correct on your device at times there is a bug appearing that switches your date and time after let's say your battery conks out and your recharge. If the date and time is off you will not be able to access certain sites with an error occurring such as yours with respect to the certificate.
    I think this might have done it.

I've found the timezone suggestion before while Googling, but I didn't think much of it. Since, afterall, the time on my phone looked right.

When I read your post, I decided to double check. In the settings, my date and time still showed as exactly correct. For the sake of trying, I changed the timezone to something else then back to normal. Changed the 'set automatically' setting to off then back on. After I left settings and tried again, looks like it's working. Thanks for the suggestion!

Strange, but I think I can consider it fixed for now. If I see more problems, I'll come back and yell at this thread.
    06-22-16 09:42 AM
    [QUOTE=Penguin8844;12478766]I think this might have done it.

I've found the timezone suggestion before while Googling, but I didn't think much of it. Since, afterall, the time on my phone looked right.

When I read your post, I decided to double check. In the settings, my date and time still showed as exactly correct. For the sake of trying, I changed the timezone to something else then back to normal. Changed the 'set automatically' setting to off then back on. After I left settings and tried again, looks like it's working. Thanks for the suggestion!

Strange, but I think I can consider it fixed for now. If I see more problems, I'll come back and yell at this thread. [/QUOTE

No worries it's a bug, happens occasionally, so if it happens again just check your date and time.
    Yell away anytime.
    Posted via CB10
    06-23-16 06:44 AM
    Time is important. Certs won't validate with the wrong time and/or date... :-)

06-24-16 05:02 AM
    Actually, that didn't seem to do the trick. It worked for all of a day, but by the next day I had the same issue. Trying the same fix didn't get me anything.

What I ended up doing instead, was opening Amazon's App Store and downloading an Android browser (in this case, the first recognizable one I saw was Opera, so I got that). It doesn't run great, but it does at least work, so I was able to get the information needed on the go.
    06-28-16 09:41 AM
    Were you able to get a better solution to this in the long run? I've been experiencing the same issue with www.penny-arcade.com/comic (the comic image doesn't show because of the certificate) as well as numerous other sites.

I've reinstalled to no avail.
    10-03-16 08:59 AM
    I'm trying to access aws.amazon.com. No luck! Ugh, at least if I could provide an exception it would be okay

Posted via CB10
    10-19-16 06:49 PM
    Try this free MultiCert app. It solved my certificate problems.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59999147

Posted with my Z30 on CrackBerry 10
    Sashko likes this.
    10-26-16 08:06 PM
    Try this free MultiCert app. It solved my certificate problems.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59999147

Posted with my Z30 on CrackBerry 10
    Thank you for that, works perfectly on my wife's Q5 :-)
    04-11-18 08:06 PM