My call log and SMS inbox were cleared twice today (Pearl 8120),in response to my question about that a couple of people suggested it may have been due to me running on low memory.
    How do I check my memory status please?
    Also I understand my phone may not have the greatest amount of memory but I've only had it 4 days and have only added two applications which are for online gambling sites which won't work anyway.(my Sony Ericsson w850i held a lot of these applications).
    I've not changed anything else.Is there a way to store my SMS inbox to my simcard like most phones do?I don't like the random clearing.
    I was also hoping to add a word processing application,would it even fit?

I have about 7 photos saved and the same amount of video clips.I don't think these were saved to my memory card (1GB) as i tried to take an 8th photo and was told there wasn't room.
    Any thoughts please?I don't know whether I love or hate this machine!
    Thanks.
    09-09-08 09:01 PM
    go to options>status file free memory
    follow this guide...http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    09-09-08 09:03 PM
    Or hold Shift+Alt+H
    09-09-08 09:04 PM
    Or hold Shift+Alt+H
    doesn't work for pearl
    09-09-08 09:05 PM
    Or hold Alt, then type r a c e
    09-09-08 09:07 PM
    doesn't work for pearl
    Oh yeah, hehe. Didn't notice they had a Pearl. My brain is checking out, only 5 min til I can leave work...
    09-09-08 09:13 PM
    ...I have about 7 photos saved and the same amount of video clips.I don't think these were saved to my memory card (1GB) as i tried to take an 8th photo and was told there wasn't room.

Thanks.
    I suspect you have identified your memory problem there.

In additon to useing Options / Status to check file free memory, you can use Media / Explore to verify where your pictures and videos are being stored.

If they are in device memory, you can use Explore / Move to move them to the memory card. That will free up a lot of workspace.
    09-10-08 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD