I have the most annoying alert ringer for txts and cannot get it to change. help please
    09-15-08 10:02 AM
    I have the most annoying alert ringer for txts and cannot get it to change. help please
    You have to go through the "Profiles" icon on your main screen. Check out this link it will walk you through it.

BlackBerry 101: How to Download and Install Ringtones on your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    09-15-08 10:07 AM
    Sky,

You have to go to the profiles icon which is a speaker icon on your screen. Select it From there you will see that you can change your profiles from loud, to vibrate, etc.....well if you scroll all the way down you will see advanced......click it

this will bring you to a screen that shows all your profiles. Select the profile you want to modify and hit the menu button then edit. This will list all the different alerts and rings that you may change. Scroll down to SMS Text and select it, then select ring tone under the out of holster section.

You can change any alert you want for any profile you want. Sounds confusing but if you follow the steps on your phone you will see just how easy it is. PIN me if you have questions.
    09-15-08 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD