I know this sounds stupid but how do I brick my bb?. Im asking this because this is the only way I will be able to get the new blackberries as a replacement and the new 9860's large screen looked appealing to me. So someone tell me the best way to brick my bb and make it undetectable by Desktop Manager so the best buy rep will not be able to restore it. I have the best buy PEP plan which will allow me to choose any blackberry as a replacement (found out about this the first time i got a replacement which is awesome!). At first i thought this plan was a waste of money but now im glad i got it
    08-03-11 10:19 PM
    First and foremost, tell them you aren't committing fraud in any way so they don't think you purposely bricked it.
    08-03-11 10:23 PM
    First and foremost, tell them you aren't committing fraud in any way so they don't think you purposely bricked it.
    That's exactly what I was going to tell them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-11 11:00 PM
    Wait, Best Buy reps actually use DM to restore BlackBerries nowadays? I remember when I was on Sprint and was new to the whole BlackBerry scene, I had several app errors on my tour. The reps just took it tried to reboot it, saw that they couldn't and just had another overnighted to me.
    08-03-11 11:19 PM
    Wait, Best Buy reps actually use DM to restore BlackBerries nowadays? I remember when I was on Sprint and was new to the whole BlackBerry scene, I had several app errors on my tour. The reps just took it tried to reboot it, saw that they couldn't and just had another overnighted to me.
    Yeah apparently they started doing that and the first time my bb got bricked which was a few weeks ago thanks to the ticketmaster beta app, they tried restoring it but DM couldn't detect it so they gave me a brand new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-11 11:34 PM
    Unplug it halfway through a OS install
    08-03-11 11:42 PM
    CrackBerry does not condone committing fraud, no matter how juicy the new BlackBerry.
    08-04-11 01:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD