Anybody know? I don't have BIS. When I tried downloading google maps through Opera mini, it wouldn't work for some reason.
    01-20-08 10:55 PM
    Download google maps for BES.
    I just did this for my buddy on his Curve. For some reason it wouldn't work OTA but link for BES work flawlessly.
    Google Maps
    01-20-08 11:10 PM
    Can you give me the exact instruction on how to do it? I tried doing it, but it wouldn't work for some reason.
    01-20-08 11:54 PM
    Wait, so you're telling me you have no BB Browser installed on your phone whatsoever? With any kind of BB data plan you'll have that browser installed. (No BB browser will mean no OTA installs... ever... for anything.... seriously lacking capability.)
    01-21-08 10:44 AM
    Can you give me the exact instruction on how to do it? I tried doing it, but it wouldn't work for some reason.

You download from that link, unzip if necessary and save the .alx and .cod files in a folder on your pc somewhere you won't delete. Then use the Desktop Manager/Application Loader "Add" button and browse to the .alx file. Then finish out the application loader. That will install it to your device.

You will still need some kind of data plan in order for Google Maps to work.
    01-21-08 12:24 PM
    I wrote a post explaining how to install google mobile apps without having BIS or BES. (my current situation) I dont have 10 points yet so cannot post a uRL. My blog is www labelme dot org slash family slash blog

search for a post in february entitled "a healthy addiction" and youll get all the info you need.

Regards
    05-11-08 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD