Hi, So I recently enabled email on my phone, I needed to send a picture file by email, and there was no other way to do it. Now, I leave my phone lying around the house all the time, and I dont want my parents to go through my email, so I need to disable it again. I dont want to change the password, because my parents use my phone, and need the password either way. I only want to temporarily disable email, so that when I need to I can send more picture files via email. Also, I would like to use my data for other internet browsing, so disabling data is not an option. .... pleaseeee help!
    09-24-11 07:59 AM
    Hi, So I recently enabled email on my phone, I needed to send a picture file by email, and there was no other way to do it. Now, I leave my phone lying around the house all the time, and I dont want my parents to go through my email, so I need to disable it again. I dont want to change the password, because my parents use my phone, and need the password either way. I only want to temporarily disable email, so that when I need to I can send more picture files via email. Also, I would like to use my data for other internet browsing, so disabling data is not an option. .... pleaseeee help!
    Go to Setup, Email Settings, and delete the email account. You can always add it again when you need to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-11 10:22 AM
    Go to your firewall and set it to block all personal emails, you just tick a box, easy. You will not get the emails that were blocked though, you only get the new emails from when you untick the box.
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 09-24-11 at 12:03 PM.
    09-24-11 12:01 PM
    I would be in favor of the advice the last 2 posters gave you since either way takes just moments.

You can also hide the email folder completely or create a folder with a name you know, Move the email icon into it and hide that folder. When you want to use it choose "Show All" and when done just hide it again. They will never know where is is or even see it.
    09-24-11 05:37 PM
    Just go into the email set up app (or through your carrier's BIS site) and delete the email accounts. That's the easiest way. If you do want it back, you can add it back later. One thing you'll have to be careful of is if you have it synced with address book or calendar.
    09-24-11 06:41 PM
    Your other option is to go into the email setup, select the account(s), edit filter, change "Forward messages to the device" to "Do not forward messages to the device". This can be done on the phone or on the BIS website. This will leave your email addresses available later for use and keep them available for the calendar.
    09-26-11 07:55 AM
    I use SafeBox, it allows me to put a separate password on my email. Does not stop other phone functions. Keeps anyone using my phone from accessing my emails.
    09-26-11 02:36 PM
    AFBB has a free app called AppLock that you can use to password individual apps and things like your email. Anyone trying to access the email will have to have the password you set.

I have my email, Browsers and other apps I don't want people poking around on locked with the app.
    09-26-11 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD