Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How did you come across Crackberry?

Hey

I did a quick search to see if this was already askED, and i guess not.

So, how did u came across with this site?

In my case, i was googling for "android in playbook", and came across "sideloading" in the crackberry forums.

Love this site since then

Edit : English fail lol

So, i gathered the results so far, and here they are:

Google – 36
    Friends /Family/Co-workers- 6
    Other Forums – 5
    Store Clerk/Sales Rep – 4
    Youtube – 2
    Costumer – 1
    Other - 1

So , with no surprise, it seems that Google was the main gate for all us crackberries. I guess we are "Go getters" - if we have a problem, we just go find the answers ourselfs

In my opinion is kind of an issue that Store Clerk/Sales Reps donīt recommend this site to their costumers... Maybe they donīt know that much about Blackberry...

Can someone make a graphic?
    Last edited by PedroBorgas; 08-01-2012 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Results(so far)
    carullo likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Hey Pedro, my sister and her husband got two 9800s' so we decided to get some too.

Before I decided to buy a cell I did some research and came across the reviews for the 9800 here

I'm now on this site constantly! lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    PedroBorgas likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Youtube for me.

The days leading upto my first Blackberry I watched Youtube bb reviews then this site from their videos.
    PedroBorgas likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,912 Global Posts

Well, a friend of mine was kicked in the nuts by his ex-girlfriend. After a week or so, he was still in pain. So i googled "cracked berries". crackberry.com came up as one of the top few results.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Hong View Post
    Well, a friend of mine was kicked in the nuts by his ex-girlfriend. After a week or so, he was still in pain. So i googled "cracked berries". crackberry.com came up as one of the top few results.

bahahaha! nice

CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by PedroBorgas View Post
    Hey

I did a quick search to see if this was already askED, and i guess not.

So, how did u came across with this site?

In my case, i was googling for "android in playbook", and came across "sideloading" in the crackberry forums.

Love this site since then

Edit : English fail lol

so are you rooting now?

PedroBorgas likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Internet research brought me here back in the days I bought my first BB phone (Pearl).
    PedroBorgas likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    12,650 Global Posts

In 2008 one of my customers noticed my 8330 and asked if I was a member on "Crackberry" and I stated in a very nasty tone....."I don't do drugs and you shouldn't either", he started laughing and explained what Crackberry was all about, and approx a year later after reading and learning different "stuff" I became a member.
  9. 2c
    CrackBerry Addict

my first bb was not working on my simcard so i looked up and found cb but made an account a week ago
    Powered by BerryLicio.us ULTIMATE 7.1 Hybrid System RC21 - 9360/7.1.0.1098 [2965]
    PedroBorgas likes this.
    Retired Mod

PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero

AT&T store clerk recommended the site when I bought my Pearl 8100 in 2007.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    private

Ummm...I knew the person who started BlackBerry Forums, and heard this was the competitor...at the time I was looking eagerly to learn more about how BB's OS worked, so I snuck over here to see what info I could glean...liked it better here. Less snooty, more informative.
    Notches on my BlackBerry belt: (2003-present)
    7290 ☆ 7100 ☆ 8700 (x3) ☆ 8800 ☆ 8100 ☆ 8300 ☆ 9520 ☆ 8900 ☆ 9000 (x3) ☆ 9700 (x2) ☆ 9780 ☆ 9800 ☆ 8520 ☆ 9900 ☆ 9810 + Playbook ☆
    ★ Today: Q5 [white] ★
    My CB Feedback

Global Posts
    9,244 Global Posts

i got my first BB in 2009, and being the forum junkie i was for knowledge, i googled BB forums and came across this place.
    PedroBorgas likes this.

Global Posts
    8,251 Global Posts

I was googling problems with BlackBerry's because I was trying to hate the 8330 I was given from work thinking it was inferior to my personal WinMo phones.

I found this site and 2 others, this site quickly sucked me in with some amazing users some of whom are still around, I just never left and then fell in love with my BlackBerry and I've been hooked, I keep buying other devices, but my love affair with BlackBerry I can attribute to this site.
    oops...
    Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital. \
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by cezley View Post
    so are you rooting now?

Sideloading like an animal
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,064 Global Posts

A buddy of mine recommended the site after introducing me to the curve 8330.

PedroBorgas likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    10,315 Global Posts

I was doing some online research in 2007 before I bought my Pearl 8130. Just stumbled across the site.
    PedroBorgas likes this.
    CrackBerry User

I came across this place after watching a couple of unboxing videos and i was made up to see that there is thousands of other crackberry addicts out there!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    Eli_B and PedroBorgas like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask !!!!!!!!

when i bought in fact gifted first bb to my wife that was storm 9550 the store rep informed abt the crackberry and then after i bought 3 bb and a proud member of CB. CB rocks
    PedroBorgas likes this.

Global Posts
    12,736 Global Posts

In 2008 someone gave me a beat up old 8300 and I wanted to put my own ringtone on it but I didn't have data and and someone I worked with mentioned Crackberry so I came here and found amazinglygraceless and he made it happen for me and my bb addiction
    PedroBorgas likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463

Heard about this place from BBForums.
    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
    Z10 (v10.2.x.xxx Rogers), Playbook (v2.1.0.1314) | Rooted SGS IV
    PedroBorgas likes this.

Global Posts
    5,823 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B

After the Great Sidekick Outage of October 2009 I was looking for a new platform. I had narrowed my choices down to the 9700 and Motorola Cliq, both which were launching around the same time. I was looking for reviews, found CB, made some amazing friends here, and the rest is history.
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
    Eli_B and PedroBorgas like this.

I came here by way of an iPhone!!!!

It was June '09 and I'd bought an iPhone on launch day. I had been using BBerries since 2004 through work, had bought an 8310 and a 9000, and was lured by the iPhone 3GS. So I bought one. Trying to deal with the terrible battery life it had led me to the Apple iPhone forums where someone mentioned Crackberry.

I came here, raged against the iPhone, hated it, fought with loads of people, got a reprimand or two, gave my 3GS to a family member and settled into a comfy chair with my laptop and Crackberry.com.

Since then I've learned LOADS about iPhones, Androids, BBerries....I've made dear friends, made at least one lifelong friend....love, love, love the place.

Someday I'll apply to be mod.... Haven't paid my dues by learning all I can yet!!!!!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,064 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pantlesspenguin View Post
    After the Great Sidekick Outage of October 2009 I was looking for a new platform. I had narrowed my choices down to the 9700 and Motorola Cliq, both which were launching around the same time. I was looking for reviews, found CB, made some amazing friends here, and the rest is history.
    Ahhh the good old sidekick....one of my favorite devices ever....

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk
    PedroBorgas likes this.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    yeah right

Heard about 'crackberry' and thought it was some lame site that made fun of Blackberry. Then I learned all the politicians in Washington had Blackberries and had such an affinity to the brand it was like they were on 'crack'. It was only then that I made the connection that 'crackberry' was a fan site. Fast forward a few years (to last Feb.) when I got my first BB, just so my wife and kids could text me and send me pictures. For over a decade I was a devout 'Nextel' user, so Blackberries was a whole new ball game for me. Remembered 'crackberry' was a fan site, so I signed up. Now I'm on 'crack' (berry) like everyone else.

Ize needs my 'crack'
    PedroBorgas likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,503 Global Posts

Google was my friend.
    PedroBorgas likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast