So what coming from a Q10 with a spare battery pack/charger I was concerned with my Passport. On average day usage my Q would hit the 20% mark around 2pm and by 330 when I left work I would change the battery at 10-12%. So now with the Passport I'm actually using it more during the day because I just like playing with it and find myself watching more videos with this nice screen I leave work and my battery is about 67%. By the time I plug in its usually around 9pm and 40%.

Short version this battery rocks. I kept the charger battery pack from my Q as a precaution and for kicks I plugged it in during my ride home. An hr later my passport was at 100%.

But totally not needed. And I use this phone all day long. Consider myself a heavy user.

Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 03:07 PM
    This.

I have been telling people on here that rechargeable batteries deteriorate over time, and that having non removable battery forces people to replace phones every two years, but people cannot seem to understand this concept, even though it is a proven fact.

For me, I pay up to $700 for a phone, and I don't want to replace it every two years.

The battery is usually the first item to wear out in a phone.

I will be sticking with removable battery phones thank you.
    This is my concern too. I prefer to keep my phones for a long time and what happens when the battery deteriorates after a year and a half? Do we have to try and pry it open to replace or send it in and be without a phone?

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    11-04-14 04:20 PM
    How did I get over the "not-so-good" feeling of switching to a non-removable battery?

I got a Passport naturally... seriously, when the worst day still yields some 20% battery life when I go to bed I have no reason to be concerned about battery life through out the day. Maybe I don't have crazy insane usage like some but I have yet the need to plug the phone in before bed time, when I've always charged my phone. For the Z10 I needed a removable battery for those days when I'd be at 20% just getting home from work. With the Passport, I've easily made it to the next mourning with 30% plus battery.

So, (A) the battery on the Passport lasts so long there is no reason to be concerned it might die on me mid day. (B) I've yet to encounter a situation (be it with an iPhone or whatever) where pulling a fixed battery would have reset and fixed a product. And, (C) I haven't had a battery go bad on me since I had a Motorola flip phone. It seems battery technology and thus battery life time has improved substantially over the years, or I have just been going through phones faster. Either way it hasn't been an issue for me in years.

TL/DR: I see no reason, at least for me, that the battery has to be removable. I'd prefer it but it really makes no difference at the end of the day.
    11-04-14 04:51 PM
    I never had more than 1 battery so it didn't bother me much
    11-04-14 05:17 PM
    I thought the same thing when I switched from Z10 to Z30. Don't even think about it now.
    11-04-14 05:44 PM
    I'm glad. Removable batteries were annoying

Posted via CB10
    ...continue. This is fascinating

All I want for Christmas is a Passport
    11-04-14 07:01 PM
    The battery is big enough that I don't even have to charge it. Where I had to charge my q10 at least once

Be proud - BlackBerry by Choice
    11-04-14 07:27 PM
    Wasn't/isn't a issue when the time comes to being replaced it will be replaced

Z30 Beast on Roids..C00463C72
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    11-04-14 08:02 PM
    Coming from a z30,Z10, and now a passport I haven't dealt with battery pulls and never was one to buy a replacement battery so it was an easy adjustment and now battery life couldn't be better.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 08:17 PM
    This.

I have been telling people on here that rechargeable batteries deteriorate over time, and that having non removable battery forces people to replace phones every two years, but people cannot seem to understand this concept, even though it is a proven fact.

For me, I pay up to $700 for a phone, and I don't want to replace it every two years.

The battery is usually the first item to wear out in a phone.

I will be sticking with removable battery phones thank you.
    Well... you can replace the battery in "non removable" battery devices. The difference is that you have to take the back door of wich can take a couple of minutes, still is much easier than replacing a screen, and screens are replaced all the time.

So if you plan on changing the battery only when it gets deteorated with time, you'll have no issues, it's a fairly quick job. If you want to carry more than one battery to change on the fly, because you can't charge it every day or something, then yes, it will be a problem
    11-04-14 08:42 PM
    I have never been a battery switcher even though all my BlackBerry devices have had them. My Z30 will be here later this week. I won't miss not having a tiny battery to replace my tiny battery in my Z10 again!

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    11-05-14 07:08 AM
36 12