I have a BB Curve and use BB Messenger. The helpdesk tech hooked me up to the server for my corp email. I am trying to determine if BB Messenger conversations flow through the company server or not?

Thx
    11-19-08 11:02 AM
    If by corp email, you mean BES, then "yes" if the BES version is 4.1 or greater:
    Can a BES administrator read my PIN and/or SMS messages and see my phone call logs?
    Yes, if the BES is version 4.1 or newer and the device is o/s code 4.1 or later.
    • Starting with BES 4.1, the BES admin can log all PIN and SMS messages to the BES server, including the content of those messages.
    • BlackBerry Messenger messages and conversations can also be audited by the BES administrator.
    • In addition, the administrator can view all phone calls made/received to the device including date/time, number dialed, and the name of the person you are calling or who called you if that name is listed in your contact list.

Source: BES Users FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ
    11-19-08 11:07 AM
    Oh yes... definitely does. It is either being stored on your desktop or the network drive.

As you can tell, I'm on a BES as well and found this out. This is the biggest reason why I have two BBs instead of one.

Welcome to Crackberry.com
    11-19-08 11:07 AM
    I appreciate the timely and detailed response. Is there anyway for me to determine these versions via my handheld device and if the BES admin has these settings enabled?
    11-19-08 11:11 AM
    I appreciate the timely and detailed response. Is there anyway for me to determine these versions via my handheld device and if the BES admin has these settings enabled?
    No, there isn't. There are several BES admins on CrackBerry. I posed that question a while back and was told there's no way to tell from your device or your pc. You can always call your helpdesk and ask.

Correction: you can find your device OS version with Options / About. It's the third line. My statement above just refers to the BES version. Your device will be running at least OS4.3.
    Last edited by JeffH; 11-19-08 at 11:16 AM. Reason: device OS info
    11-19-08 11:14 AM
    thank you for your help!
    11-19-08 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD