Iv just brought a used bb curve of ebay...but the last owner hasnt deleted his email address,Im guessing its on an enterprise account as that all it comes up with, I cant add no other account, I was wondering do blackberry get in contact with the last owner if I want there info deleted off it. Thanks
    07-05-09 11:28 AM
    I would suggest your open a PayPal dispute right away, clearly the device was not delivered as advertised.

You can try to purge it with: Options / Security Options / General Settings. Press Menu / Wipe Handheld. If it accepts the command, it will return it to out of the box condition.

If it was connected to a commercial BES account, it is likely it has a set of restrictive policies installed.
    07-05-09 11:37 AM
    i had to call my service provider (Sprint) to get them to remove the previous owners info so i could get my email working on the phone
    07-05-09 12:27 PM
    i had to call my service provider (Sprint) to get them to remove the previous owners info so i could get my email working on the phone
    Same story. Old owners info, I called Sprint, they took it off. It was super simple.
    07-05-09 12:56 PM
    I have had this issue on several phones i have bought from e bay,to clear the icons from the home page go to options-advanced options-servicebooks and delete the service books with the previous owners name and email on them.Then call your service provider and have them remove them from the pin so you can register your own accounts to it.In uk they do not have to get permission from tne previous owner to do it,that is what they told me after checking with their legal/tech dept.

Highlander
    07-05-09 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD