Ok....I have this notification/status icon on my phone. It's the Blackberry Messenger Messages icon. I do not use BBM and have not downloaded it on my phone. I did a battery pull but it's still there. How do I get rid of it?

Thank you.
    12-10-10 09:02 PM
    Take a look in BBM and see if there is an add request. You didn't have to download it, it is installed already on your device when you got it. Is there an add request or a message from RIM in BBM?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-10 09:14 PM
    Take a look in BBM and see if there is an add request. You didn't have to download it, it is installed already on your device when you got it. Is there an add request or a message from RIM in BBM?

Hi BergerKing,

Thanks for the information. It was a BBM request to add me as a contact. Even though BBM is installed on my phone.....I thought you still have to download it to use it. This is all new to me. Appreciate your help.

So what is the difference between using BBM and just sending someone a pin message?
    12-10-10 09:28 PM
    BBM is essentially a BlackBerry chat system, and you can share files and such on it. PIN messages are a little more limited, but effective in getting off a quick message. With BBM, you can see the other person responding as you would on a computer.

http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-1...erry-messenger

Last edited by BergerKing; 12-10-10 at 09:37 PM.
    12-10-10 09:34 PM
    Hey BK,

Thanks for the explanation on this. Interesting.....going to check out Blackberry 101 for some more information on BBM and how to use it. Again.....thank you so much for your help.
    12-10-10 09:41 PM
    Hey BK,

Thanks for the explanation on this. Interesting.....going to check out Blackberry 101 for some more information on BBM and how to use it. Again.....thank you so much for your help.
    No problem. I remember being new to the game, and I figured you'd rather have a good answer than someone telling you to do a search. We have our share of those. Some of the folks I have on BBM now are almost like family, and some of them actually are. I wondered early on if I should delete the app, now I'm glad I didn't. And, the sweet thing, BBM is always on.

12-10-10 10:23 PM
    Hey BK,

I started out with the Curve 8330 and now have the Bold 9650. Have been a BB user for about 3 years now and never used BBM. Just added SMS texting to my phone also. Don't have a lot of friends....but the few I have....we are now texting. It's really tons of fun!!

Quick question for you. When you are using BBM are your conversations instantly sent and delivered (like SMS texting)?
    12-10-10 10:46 PM
    Hey BK,

I started out with the Curve 8330 and now have the Bold 9650. Have been a BB user for about 3 years now and never used BBM. Just added SMS texting to my phone also. Don't have a lot of friends....but the few I have....we are now texting. It's really tons of fun!!

Quick question for you. When you are using BBM are your conversations instantly sent and delivered (like SMS texting)?
    If I may jump in here...BBM in my opinion is the best messaging app I have ever used. All the benefits and fastest of all, within a couple seconds. It will only work from BB to BB tho.

Mojave likes this.
    12-11-10 08:19 AM
    Yep, hard to beat BBM as a messenger.

Glad you like it OP. Do some reading up, can learn a ton of stuff about your phone.

And generally people will help you out if you have a question.

12-11-10 08:24 AM
    Thank you everyone for all your answers.
    12-11-10 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD