View Poll Results: was this helpful?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

5 55.56%
  • no

4 44.44%
    hi all,
    Im an IT guy and recently had to untangle a bb email mix up. In the course of figuring out the solution (google search, crackberry forums, etc) i realized that there was no information on how to delete email folders from your bb device.

Situation:
    a person tried to show someone else who is new to BB how to edit their verizon BIS account settings online. they "accidently" typed in the other persons pin and esn into their account and BAM the newbie had extra folders on their bb device that they couldnt remove, even from the email setup wizard on their bb nor from verizon's BIS website.

Solution:
    1. go to options>advanced options>service book
    2. now use the scroll wheel to scroll down until you have highlighted the email address you want to remove from your bb
    3. press the "blackberry button" (the one with 7 dots)
    4. scroll to delete
    5. press delete

That should do it. if not let me know and ill try to figure it out for you. I just hope this post makes it to the google cache because finding it was the longest 5 hours of my life haha
    10-16-08 08:33 AM
    I followed the instructions that you listed, but when I go into the service books area, the email account for which the folders were set up did not appear. This user had been connected through an exchange server for email and then changed to POP3 email. The folders were related to the old account on the exchange server. Any ideas on how to get rid of those folders?

Thanks.
    10-22-08 08:41 AM
    Is the BB still running BES? or is it now BIS?

you may check if the bb is running BES by either calling your provider and asking them or by going to options>advanced option>and there it will say enterprise activation if you have it. (ask questions if you got em)

If they are running BES, just plug the BB into the BES server and remove whatever you want through the manager (if you need more directions ask).

If they are running BIS (i run through verizon so this is what site i use) go to VERIZON BIS and log in then you can delete the accounts. This only will work if you are receiving mail on these old accounts.

sorry if this seems kinda incomplete or scattered. im writing it all from my bb as i walk to a meeting. if i was unclear or you have questions please elaborate and ill do my best to get back to you in a timely fashion.
    10-22-08 09:02 AM
    I have this same problem and I need to know if there is any way to strip this BB clean of the former owner's email folders and other random data/settings.

I acquired a used BB Curve that was originally connected to that person's work email via Exchange (which is BES I presume). I am the new happy (somewhat) owner but have been plagued with many problems in addition to not being able to remove the former owner's email folders.

I do not have access to that person's exchange server. My device is never ever going to be used with the former owner's email address.

Is there a way to delete the folders?

Also, I've been plagued with strange problems and am not sure if they are related. My desktop email messages randomly disappear throughout the day. I am not deleting them on my device. I'm not even looking at them on my actual email account. They just randomly disappear a few at a time. I have no filters or other strange settings in place.

Also, I cannot sync with Outlook calendar. I've placed a separate post about that.

Please help if you can. I might just have to offer a reward! I'm leaving on a road trip and this baby will be my connection with my world.

cheers,

Tyger
    10-29-08 12:55 AM
    hi all,
    Im an IT guy and recently had to untangle a bb email mix up. In the course of figuring out the solution (google search, crackberry forums, etc) i realized that there was no information on how to delete email folders from your bb device.

Situation:
    a person tried to show someone else who is new to BB how to edit their verizon BIS account settings online. they "accidently" typed in the other persons pin and esn into their account and BAM the newbie had extra folders on their bb device that they couldnt remove, even from the email setup wizard on their bb nor from verizon's BIS website.

Solution:
    1. go to options>advanced options>service book
    2. now use the scroll wheel to scroll down until you have highlighted the email address you want to remove from your bb
    3. press the "blackberry button" (the one with 7 dots)
    4. scroll to delete
    5. press delete

That should do it. if not let me know and ill try to figure it out for you. I just hope this post makes it to the google cache because finding it was the longest 5 hours of my life haha
    Oh snap!! Thanks A Lot!!

I just switched from Sprint to T-mobile. I transfered all my data from my 8830 to the new 8900 via the desktop software. Well, it also transfered my Sprint blackberry folder which obviously I can no longer use. It was driving me nuts trying to get rid of it.

That worked! Thanks a lot.
    07-01-09 09:06 PM
    Thanks man! it worked for me and like everyone else it was driving me crazy trying to get rid of it!
    01-02-10 01:55 PM
    it would work until the service books are sent again if there not removed from the bis
    01-02-10 02:25 PM
    9700 does not have advanced options only general options
    05-13-10 12:37 PM
    Thanks, this worked, I just spent the last 2 hrs trying to figure it out.
    07-11-10 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD