i have a question how do you delete your whole browsing history, ive done the alt lg lg thing and cleared it and i went to history and deleted everything, but if you search something in my phone i still find some stuff that didnt delete

i got the torch
    11-29-10 09:20 PM
    Go into your browser and options and you should be able to clear your history from there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-10 09:22 PM
    yeah i did that too
    11-29-10 09:29 PM
    Once you get into Options it will be under Cache
    From there you can delete History, Cache, pushed content and cookies.
    11-29-10 09:29 PM
    Maybe its cache and cookies.

11-29-10 09:30 PM
    ya i have checked them all
    11-29-10 09:36 PM
    Not sure what wrong then. When you search stuff and find stuff that didn't delete what do you actually mean? In the address bar? Possibily a favorites or bookmark set by you could show up if you are typing it in the address bar.

11-29-10 09:39 PM
    like if i start typing like last site i went to for example on my home screen on my torch all the icons that has something with the same name pops up and teh one browser history pops up with the site
    11-29-10 09:45 PM
    Really wierd haven't had this problem hopefully someone can solve this problem for you

11-29-10 09:48 PM
    if there is nothing you can do, perhaps, you better try to uninstall, and install it again, and see how it is going after a new installation
    11-29-10 09:54 PM
    With the browser open press (g) or Menu/Go To. Scroll to the bottom and highlight the bar that says History. Press the track or enter. Highlight today and press Menu/Delete. This will delete your browsing history for "today".

11-29-10 10:12 PM
    I expanded the title a bit.
    11-29-10 10:45 PM
    i have a question how do you delete your whole browsing history, ive done the alt lg lg thing and cleared it and i went to history and deleted everything, but if you search something in my phone i still find some stuff that didnt delete

i got the torch
    The only way I have found is to do a battery pull. Aggravating I know. You can also do a soft reset "alt+rightshift+del.

Last edited by 13echo4; 12-20-10 at 06:13 PM.
    12-20-10 05:56 PM
    Try pressing S button to go to the browser settings

12-20-10 07:32 PM

i got the torch
    The lglg thing clears your Event Log it has nothing to do with your browser. With the browser open, press Menu/Options. That is where your Browsing history, cache and pushed content is stored. That is how it works on almost every Os. You may want to spend sometime in your Torch's help file. Not trying to sound like an a*s*s but there is tons of information in there, especially if you have unanswered questions. Happy hunting.

12-21-10 11:23 PM
    The lglg thing clears your Event Log it has nothing to do with your browser. With the browser open, press Menu/Options. That is where your Browsing history, cache and pushed content is stored. That is how it works on almost every Os. You may want to spend sometime in your Torch's help file. Not trying to sound like an a*s*s but there is tons of information in there, especially if you have unanswered questions. Happy hunting.

Well, you kind of do sound like an a*s*l.
    Help file says exactly the same thing that people in the first post have done and it didn't work (maybe you should read Help file). Clearing History through "Options" doesn't clear it, neither it could be cleared by deleting history pages in the menu, and no it could not be cleared by deleting web addresses through "History" on the start page.

This is kind of idiotic at this point that in order to delete browsing history one needs to take battery out.
    01-07-11 03:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD