I'm currently working on a solution to get CrackBerry news (and a lot of other stuff) directly as a notification to my BlackBerry HUB. Very useful to stay up to date and to grab maybe just in time a good promotion code.

I improved in the meantime the original setup significantly and removed IFTTT.COM completely from the needed stuff to setup CB10 HUB notifications.
    It's now not only easier to setup, but you get the stuff also faster, the CrackBerry news within BlackBullet have now their own Icon and the whole thing works in the meantime completely headless.

I removed now the original guide which is apart from CrackBerry news also useful for sports, weather, your local newspaper and more. In case you're interested, you can find it here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11246068

What is still missing?

• Headless support (already working)
    • improved displaying of articles
    • needs to get a lot easier to setup

How does it currently works?

You setup a account at pushbullet.com using your google account. Afterwards you download the application BlackBullet and CB10, the official client for CrackBerry.com.

What is needed?

Setup:

1. Download CB10 if you haven't already.

2. Visit pushbullet.com and login to the service using your google account

3. Download BlackBullet and login to the pushbullet network

4. swipe with your finger down from the top of the screen within BlackBullet and enter the settings

5. scroll down in the settings and press the SUBSCRIBE Button near the CB10 logo to receive news from CrackBerry.com.

Thats it! You have completed the setup. You get now every time a new article gets posted at CrackBerry a notification directly at your Hub.

HOW TO: CB10 news alerts in Hub via BlackBullet-img_20150110_165559.jpg
    (at this screenshot you see also the difference between the old IFTTT.COM setup and the new version)

Please provide feedback on this tutorial. As promised I improved the setup procedure, made the whole thing headless and you get now also the notifications a lot faster.
    The whole thing not completely finished and there is some more in preparation, but I hope you already like it!
    Last edited by QtHelex; 01-10-15 at 10:01 AM.
    10-25-14 05:23 AM
    Great idea, I'll be giving it a go!
    QtHelex likes this.
    10-25-14 11:36 AM
    Sounds pretty cool. Can't wait for the headless version.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    QtHelex likes this.
    10-25-14 11:59 AM
    • Fill in the actions. The recommended setting is:

Title: EntryTitle EntryContent EntryAuthor
    Link URL: EntryUrl

Now you have completed the setup. You get now every time a new article gets posted at CrackBerry a notification directly at your Hub.
    So you exactly put entrytitle entrycontent and entryauthor? I'm sorry I didn't understand this part.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    10-25-14 12:19 PM
    What entry title and entry url do I place?

10-25-14 12:39 PM
    Make a video Totural
    10-25-14 12:44 PM
    I got it! Just leave it exactly as it is and just create the recipe! I hope this works. Thanks in advance!

10-25-14 12:57 PM
    It WORKS!!! Just around 5-10 mins delayed but it's okay.

QtHelex likes this.
    10-25-14 02:30 PM
    It WORKS!!! Just around 5-10 mins delayed but it's okay.
    I'm already working in lowering this delay to about 2 minutes. Might need up to 6 weeks to apply all the changes, but I would say we have already a good beginning.

Here is a screenshot how I would suggest to fill in the notification details:
    HOW TO: CB10 news alerts in Hub via BlackBullet-ifttt_crackberry.png

This way you get a short abstract in your notification.

EDIT: I added the screenshot also to the first posting.
    cocobrow likes this.
    10-25-14 03:04 PM
    I'm already working in lowering this delay to about 2 minutes. Might need up to 6 weeks to apply all the changes, but I would say we have already a good beginning.

Here is a screenshot how I would suggest to fill in the notification details:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IFTTT_CrackBerry.png 
Views:	3789 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	309340

This way you get a short abstract in your notification.

EDIT: I added the screenshot also to the first posting.
    Hi QtHelex! First of all thank you for all the apps you gave away for us! Will write a review on all the apps I got specially Clipman!

And also thank you for this method and the blackbullet app. It works! I updated my recipe to look like what you instructed.

HOW TO: CB10 news alerts in Hub via BlackBullet-img_20141026_115023.png

p.s. I know this is remotely possible but is there a way you can hook me up on the Canada Inc app playervid plus I think? Saw your first post and thought you might know the dev. TY!

10-25-14 10:56 PM
    HOW TO: CB10 news alerts in Hub via BlackBullet-img_20141026_115023.png

10-25-14 10:57 PM
    Firsties and app freebie hunters will love this... LOL

:-|

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    10-26-14 12:15 AM
    Any chance this can be achieved without involving anything Google?

Thanks... :-)

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    10-26-14 12:16 AM
    Hi QtHelex! First of all thank you for all the apps you gave away for us! Will write a review on all the apps I got specially Clipman!
    Thanks a lot, I'm trying my best.

And also thank you for this method and the blackbullet app. It works! I updated my recipe to look like what you instructed.
    Great, so you get a direct preview at the HUB if it is worth to check a article out instantly in detail or wait for the next article.

p.s. I know this is remotely possible but is there a way you can hook me up on the Canada Inc app playervid plus I think? Saw your first post and thought you might know the dev. TY!
    Yes, I know the dev since about a week. I convinced them to participate in this give away, but sadly only with a low amount of copies. In total also a pretty high value of 425, but over here at CrackBerry are 425 for sure sadly really fast gone.

I were glad they finally participated, but I'm not sure if they might release soon more codes. I love their app Playback Plus, but it has also some small issues I would love they might fix over time. The sales are currently too low for them to make much changes to the app, but personall I hope others might also began to love the multitasking capability of this player, just to make it more succesful and worth to invest more time into the development.
    I just hate it that a video stops playing, just because I check if that mail which was comming in is important or not. Choice is good and I prefer to keep it playing until I hit the play/pause button on the right of my device.
    10-26-14 04:30 AM
    HOW TO: CB10 news alerts in Hub via BlackBullet-img_20141026_152101.png

Need help

Got stuck at step 6 of 7

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 04:55 AM
    Need help

Got stuck at step 6 of 7
    When the text field is selected you should see a filter button on the right to add the "templates" for the content you want.
    HOW TO: CB10 news alerts in Hub via BlackBullet-crackberry_02.png
    10-26-14 05:03 AM
    Great news thanx

Francois Z30 10.3.1.632 (STA 100-6)
    10-26-14 05:09 AM
    Hi QtHelex,

just now i could created recipe, this was really new thing for and learnt now, very happy and thanks for your all help offer during recipe creation.

Now I am going to look at all the apps develops by "QtHelex"
    QtHelex likes this.
    10-26-14 06:56 AM
    Hi QtHelex,

just now i could created recipe, this was really new thing for and learnt now, very happy and thanks for your all help offer during recipe creation.

Now I am going to look at all the apps develops by "QtHelex"
    Me too! QtHelex is a very good dev!

QtHelex likes this.
    10-26-14 07:59 AM
    It would be great to also be able to get PMs in the hub. Or at the very least in the CB mobile app.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    10-26-14 11:16 AM
    Thanks a lot!

I'm just trying to improve my own BlackBerry experience and in some of my apps like ClipMan, Turbo Reader, BaSA or now BlackBullet you see the results. I began with DreamRemote to solve myself the issue of controling my sattelite receiver in the living room from within my bedroom.
    I created a lot of rather weak and learning stuff during the beginning, but I'm glad I were in the meantime finally able to create apps the people are loving.

Any chance this can be achieved without involving anything Google?
    Sadly not. But I'm currently working on a solution to completely remove the need for IFTTT.COM in this, so only BlackBullet, pushbullet and your google account for the first login will remain. But I might need some time (weeks or months) to get this fully working... but with some luck I will get before this the headless support in shape to remove the need to keep BlackBullet running as a ActiveFrame.
    IMHO a lot more important than making this easier to setup, but currently also harder to solve to make it properly working.
    10-26-14 11:33 AM
    Can't find a yellow RSS FEED option but only the usual orange FEED button. Is this the one I select during set up?

HOW TO: CB10 news alerts in Hub via BlackBullet-20141026202409.jpg

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    10-26-14 07:25 PM
    Uhm... yes, the bright orange one. Sorry
    I guess I need to correct my color calibration.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 01:22 AM
    Sounds very cool!

Edited thread title a bit.

Couldn't decide on best forum for this. Moved to General Discussion for now to have better exposure, but might move again.
    10-27-14 03:33 AM
    Sounds very cool!

Edited thread title a bit.

Couldn't decide on best forum for this. Moved to General Discussion for now to have better exposure, but might move again.
    Thanks a lot. I were myself unsure and the first thought was to place it in the forum of the CrackBerry app... but I found that it might fit better where the news and rumors are happening. I had the General Discussion somehow not on my screen but you're propably right, thanks for moving.
    You said you moved it to have better exposure, hence I might suggest to make this step by step guide sticky.
    10-27-14 12:42 PM
64 123