Hi colleagues

I�ve got the BB curve with fully installed with the data of my company (mail, calendar etc)
    Somebody has give me as a present the BB 9700 Bold. I want to configure it with the same configuration I�ve got in the BB curve...
    Does someone nows how to do it? The problem is that my company can not configure one BB wich is not the one they have provide

Can someone help me
    07-05-10 05:51 AM
    Back up on desktop manager, then restore on your new Bold. Or transfer it. But I dont know what regulations your company has on that sort of thing, or if your using BES.
    07-05-10 05:55 AM
    Using Desktop Manager, use the Switch Device Wizard to move your stuff from one phone to the other.

I fear that this wil nto do you much good dince the BES administrator at your company will certainly have taken steps to protect the company's data and you may find that data is not transferring.

You will not be able to use yor new phone for company emails and whatnot since the BES system will not recognize your phone (all BlackBerrys have a unique PIN) unless the BES administrator autorizes this on his BES system.
    07-05-10 06:01 AM
    If you activate the new device on the same BES you will get all your data back, besides whats on the media card.
    07-05-10 07:41 AM
    If your BES Admin doesn't have any restrictions on BB Desktop Manager you can enterprise activate your new device via a usb cable. You will need to install the BB Desktop Manager on your work computer. When setting it up be sure to choose which messaging system you have in your corporate environment, ie Exchange or Domino. When you launch the Desktop Manager you will be prompted to login to your messaging system, be sure to login with your credentials and you will need to choose which BES your account is located on too. After that plug your new BB device in and under the Email Settings icon and then Advanced is an option Generate Encryption Key. Choose to do it manually, you will have to move your mouse around to generate the encryption key for your new BB. After that has been completed the BES service books will be pushed down to the new device and the slow sync process will be kicked off to start wirelessly synching everything.

All of these options that I describe have to do with the Domino installation of BB Desktop Manager as that is all I have used. The Exchange version may differ some but I would assume it would be pretty similar. Also this will only work if your BES Admin doesn't have any part of the above instructions blocked.
    07-05-10 07:41 AM
    thank you I will try to do it and I will send you the results

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN
    07-07-10 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD