My company has changed over from BIS to BES. I'm very excited about the move and the added functionality. However I have a few questions about the conversion.

My IT dept. gave me a list of instructions. I know I need to wipe my devise and start from scratch. I am doing a back up before I wipe the devise (Bold). After I wipe the devise and activate via BES can I restore my devise from the previous backup? By restoring the devise will this restore it to it's pre BES activation state? I really don't want to have redo all of my settings manually.

What about my personal contacts? Will all of the contacts in Outlook sync automatically?

Any other tips? Thank you in advance!
    05-17-09 09:47 AM
    try and take ya berry into att and see if there is a way change over without a wipe
    05-17-09 11:58 AM
    BX is right about checking to see if you can do it without a wipe - and keep in mind part of the upgrade process is a wipe and restore. You can restore all your profile settings, contacts, autotext etc from your backup file.
    05-17-09 12:15 PM
    I switched from BIS to BES without a wipe. I had a few small problems, but was able to get everything working just like before the switch. Check out the Business Users forum and the Blackberry Administrators Forum. There are some BES/BIS posts there.
    05-17-09 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD