How common is the MEP4 lock?
I've replied in a couple of unlocking related threads this week, and was wondering...how common is this "new" MEP4 locking that some carriers are using in addition to the regular MEP2 lock? If a carrier utilizes the MEP4, does it do so for their entire BB lineup, or, say just the "high end" models like the 9900, 9810, etc?
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-05-12, 07:24 PM #2
- 113 Posts
- maybe on request.
Hey Now... The MEP4 lock has become more common ( there can be up to 5 active locks on your BlackBerry ) and not just high end devices. Koodo ( part of Telus in Canada ) uses a MEP4 lock on their Curve 9300's for about a year now. Bell uses 2 locks on their Bold 9700's ( MEP2 and MEP4 ). But the MEP2 is still, by far the most active lock used by Canadian cell carriers. I hope this helps.Passport on Bell, 64 gb Class 10 PNY micro SD card, 32 gb PlayBook, & Sony Smartwatch
Thanks. I had heard about Bell and Telus, but was wondering if there were more carriers that did this.
I did not know about the five locks, although I guess it makes sense now that I think about all those other options on the MEP screen.
- By x Sub Zero x in forum BlackBerry Bold 9780Replies: 7Last Post: 01-04-13, 08:32 AM
- By Yaceka in forum BlackBerry Torch 9810Replies: 9Last Post: 02-22-12, 06:35 PM
- By s3ank1m in forum BlackBerry Curve 85xxReplies: 12Last Post: 07-06-10, 11:11 PM
- By wmscottmc in forum Storm 3rd Party AppsReplies: 7Last Post: 05-11-09, 12:05 AM
- By CaraP in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 20Last Post: 01-24-09, 04:27 PM