Work is giving me a 9650. This is the only way they will allow me to receive notifications of company emails. I'm expected to follow that email closely and to be available at all times on that 9650 phone number.

I do not want to carry two phones in my off time. Can I forward calls AND notifications from the 9650 to my 9780? Or is there another way to achieve tha same thing? Actually accessing the email isn't a problem through the MSE web interface. Notifications are all I need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-11 09:31 AM
    You can probably forward your calls. But there is no way to directly notify you of work emails on your personal BB.

Unless you find a way to forward a copy of all emails to a personal email address
    02-09-11 10:35 AM
    Work is giving me a 9650. This is the only way they will allow me to receive notifications of company emails. I'm expected to follow that email closely and to be available at all times on that 9650 phone number.

I do not want to carry two phones in my off time. Can I forward calls AND notifications from the 9650 to my 9780? Or is there another way to achieve tha same thing? Actually accessing the email isn't a problem through the MSE web interface. Notifications are all I need.

can you have your company "c.c." a personal email of yours that goes to your personal BB?
    02-09-11 10:45 AM
    They should just let you put the 9780 on the BES, or did they already offer that, but with an IT policy required? Which of course you don't want. RIM is working on the perfect solution for you called BB Balance which lets you use 1 device and have it be a personal and work device with separate sides 1 under an IT policy and 1 not. Unfortunately it's not available yet.
    02-09-11 11:14 AM
    I don't care if they add an IT policy or not. I don't care if they give me one thin dime towards my bill or not. I have asked to have my own, paid for by me (data and all) phone instead of the company phone and thay just won't do it!

I really, really do not want to carry two phones, especially when one will be expected to be worn in a holster. Maybe it sounds silly to you, but this is really irking me. What's worse, I can't give up my personal phone because I could be transferred and lose the 9650 at any time.

02-09-11 12:08 PM
    If you can access your work email through Outlook Web Access (OWA), then you can set the email up via your BIS. Note that the emails will have the standard BIS delay and won't be instant as they are with a BES.
    02-09-11 05:37 PM
    How? Have a link?

02-09-11 06:29 PM
    02-09-11 06:56 PM
    Thank you. Set up as easilly as my Hotmail account. I tried doing this before but failed for some reason I can't remember and assumed that it was not possible. Works perfectly. Now all I need to do is keep my head low and hope they forget to give me that 9560. It's only a matter of time, but I might buy myself enough time to gain a little stroke in the department.

02-09-11 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD