with the risk of sounding dumb, I have not seen a thread that sheds light as to how to clean your screen, or even your entire phone...Any ideas? products? will windex suffice? will it ruin my phone?
    Thanks in advance for your answers.
    01-02-09 09:15 PM
    Honestly I use whatever is on hand. Tie, shirt sleeve, paper towel,
    Windex, water. I don"t use microfiber cloths and have no special
    routine. When it's dirty I wipe it down with whatever. If you saw
    my screen right now.....

Now prepare for the insane, obsessed users to post their
    over-the-top cleaning regimens
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 01-02-09 at 09:25 PM.
    01-02-09 09:22 PM
    Honestly I use whatever is on hand. Tie, shirt sleeve, paper towel,
    Windex, water. I don"t use microfiber cloths and have no special
    routine. When it's dirty I wipe it down with whatever. If you saw
    my screen right now.....

Now prepare for the insane, obsessed users to post their
    over-the-top cleaning regimens
    wow Then i must have ocd cuz i wipe it a micro fiber cloth and use compressed air and a lil cleaner for pc's
    01-02-09 09:30 PM
    wow Then i must have ocd cuz i wipe it a micro fiber cloth and use compressed air and a lil cleaner for pc's
    I really have OCD. Haha. I also use a microfiber cloth. It works really well. I keep compressed air around at all times. I've found that to work like a charm too. I use PC screen cleaning wipes before wiping it down with the cloth if it needs it.
    01-02-09 09:36 PM
    I really have OCD. Haha. I also use a microfiber cloth. It works really well. I keep compressed air around at all times. I've found that to work like a charm too. I use PC screen cleaning wipes before wiping it down with the cloth if it needs it.
    same here ...it's good to know i'm not alone ....lol lol lol
    01-02-09 09:43 PM
    I've got microfibres lying around because I use them for my car. So, one of the ones used for glass gets BlackBerry and computer monitor duty. I used compressed air for some nooks and crannies, but I have a supply because of my computers. As for the cleaning liquid, I have a good supply of eyewear cleaner for the lenses, so I can use that.

As long as you don't use any harsh chemicals or abrasive materials, you should be fine.
    01-02-09 09:44 PM
    Micro fiber from my oakley's, t-shirt, wife...anything really. When I'm at work I use germicidal wipes a lot, which keeps my berry germ free and fresh

Every now and then I'll take the trackball out and swab with alcohol
    01-02-09 09:47 PM
    Microfiber cloth - lens cleaning solution. NEVER a paper towel - AG, you give me palpitations! LOL. I do have CDO, Compulsive Disorder Obsession - a lot like OCD but the letters are alphabetically arranged, as well they should be!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 09:47 PM
    We need to be more specific: (1) protective film in place, or just original Storm screen ? (2) compressed air - is the Storm on when you use it ? (3) what about a tiny dab of soap and water on an otherwise soft, clean cloth ?.....and (4), the killer question, how many times a day are you cleaning your screen ?

I'm liking Clears I picked up from a local drug store.

Doctor Neutron, aka Mr. Monk
    01-02-09 10:14 PM
    Once a week or so, I'll put about a half spray of windex on a papertowel and wipe the screen and the battery cover down. I mostly just use my shirt though.
    01-02-09 11:02 PM
    Wow I guess I am a redneck then cause whenever my screen is oiley and dirty I just swipe it with my thumb, lol

01-02-09 11:44 PM
    I just cleaned my BB Bold today using cotton wipe and toothpaste. Once toothpaste was applied sparingly to the screen, keyboard and "metallic" surround, let it sit for a couple of minutes, then wipe off with a damp microfiber cloth and dry down with a dry microfiber cloth.

Being an automotive nut, I wasn't satisfied, and decided to give 'er a lil' bit of polish. Out came Zaino Z2 Pro and another microfiber cloth. Applied Z2 sparingly and let sit for 5 mins. Then buffed off for a sparkling shine.

I decided to throw in some gloss enhancer just for s's & g's, courtesy of Zaino Z8 Grand Finale Spray Seal. Mmmmmm, yummy!

I think I shall make this a weekly routine, with wiping down with a slightly moist cloth a daily one every night.
    Last edited by barakian; 01-03-09 at 12:10 AM. Reason: typo
    01-03-09 12:08 AM
    warm water on paper towel, wring it out really good and then wipe down the phone.

Take a dry paper towel and wipe up excess moisture.
    01-03-09 12:19 AM
    Microfiber cloth - lens cleaning solution. NEVER a paper towel - AG, you give me palpitations!
    My apologies buddy
    01-03-09 12:19 AM
    i just spit on any available napkin and wipe it down lol.
    01-03-09 04:08 AM
    i just spit on any available napkin and wipe it down lol.
    Thats... uh, one way to get the job done! It's kinda like when a mother licks her thumb to wipe something off her childs face.
    01-03-09 04:20 AM
    Heck just toss her into the maytag and be done with it. Let her dry naturally (couple days) and she'll turn right on. Done it with an older cell phone I had, maybe it was a pager now that I think about it, but give it a try anyway .

01-03-09 04:40 AM
    Lol to all the repsones.. Who says crackberry owners are (not) certifiable?

01-03-09 11:09 AM
    I just hold mine up in the air and walk through the local carwash.
    01-03-09 11:54 AM
    Dear BB friends,
    I have read & reviewed all the seemingly "normal" and "OCD" responses regarding cleaning your BB... I still have a question or two... I have something that looks like a (many circular spots) bacteria / laboratory experiment growing on my screen. The folks at my carriers' store wiped my screen down with Denatured Alcohol. As soon as it dried, the ""growths"" started coming back!

They replaced my Pearl. Now the new one is doing the same thing!!! I did try a cling-on protector screen. NO HELP. Maybe I should WAX the screen? Any suggestions?

Last area of concern: I removed the back tape / speaker grill on the backside of my Pearl. It raised the volume but is letting in tons of dust. The dust is too thick for the canned air to move. Should I wipe the inside edges with alcohol? OR what?

Thanks! BB Folks
    01-03-09 12:55 PM
    The screen top is made of glass, you can use whatever you would normally clean a piece of glass with. Just don't get liquids in the device, you'll be find.

Do you use microfiber cloths on your car windows or ANY glass in your house?
    01-03-09 01:02 PM
    What a can of worms! This is like asking a New Car Dealer or Manufacturer what exact brand of motor oil to put in your new car - its hard to get any straight answer from them !
    01-03-09 09:59 PM
    I just went to the sunglass hut and you can get a microfiber cloth that is used for glasses,

I use it for my Oaklys and BB
    01-03-09 10:03 PM
    ever try cleaning your ears? what do you got growing in there? LOL.... peanut gallery........
    01-03-09 10:03 PM
    Dear INVISIONZ (peanut gallery),

The condition of my ears doesn't count... cause I always use the speakerphone.

Good try, though!

Keep those cards & letters coming!!!
    01-04-09 12:47 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD