Hi, im just wondering how do I check my data usage because I have the lowest data plan, but I want to use bbm. And does incoming e-mails to my phone use data? By the way im on rogers if it makes a difference.
    06-01-10 04:59 PM
    Usually your carrier has some means to check it.
    06-01-10 05:57 PM
    LOL...
    Extreme = 100 GB
    Extreme Plus = only 90GB

IAC it would be difficult (almost impossible) to reach gigabyte levels without extensive tethering. A typical BB used for moderate-heavy email, and some browsing and BBM should usually be below 100 Megabytes in a month - not gigabytes.
    06-01-10 07:26 PM
    Yeah holy mostaccioli. 100 is pure insanity, let alone 60...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 08:26 PM
    Are you sure this is referring to Internet usage on a phone? That sounds more like Internet usage on a PC.

For instance, the FCC is currently testing broadband ISPs here in the US. They consider >30 GB month to be heavy use. https://www.testmyisp.com/requirements.html
    06-01-10 08:37 PM
    I want to use bbm. And does incoming e-mails to my phone use data? ...
    I am a Roger customer too and I can assure you that BlackBerry Messenger and lots of Email bairly register in terms of data usage.

Rogers provides a web link to monitor your data use. Log on to your Rogers account to find it.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wp-data-guide

Only 4% of Rogers smartphone customers currently use more than 500 MB of data/month. Customers that use more then 500 MB of data/month tend to be customers that heavily stream and download content with their device
    06-01-10 10:15 PM
    LOL! The list posted from the Rogers site are internet packages for cable internet.... I have the Extreme Plus. Go thru 90 GBs a month ez.
    06-01-10 10:22 PM
    As a Rogers user, you should have an icon called "My Account" somewhere on your berry.

you should be able to use this app to view all your account information; including data usage.
    06-02-10 02:06 AM
    Does it matter if your carrier offers "Unlimited Web" is it just for personal reference or are you guys trying to see where you are compared to your monthly limit?
    06-02-10 02:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD