Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How to check data usage

Hi, im just wondering how do I check my data usage because I have the lowest data plan, but I want to use bbm. And does incoming e-mails to my phone use data? By the way im on rogers if it makes a difference.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,846 Global Posts

Usually your carrier has some means to check it.

LOL...
    Extreme = 100 GB
    Extreme Plus = only 90GB

IAC it would be difficult (almost impossible) to reach gigabyte levels without extensive tethering. A typical BB used for moderate-heavy email, and some browsing and BBM should usually be below 100 Megabytes in a month - not gigabytes.
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    safety, rolling, clothes, hair, bowling, bobby?

Yeah holy mostaccioli. 100 is pure insanity, let alone 60...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    30,769 Global Posts

Are you sure this is referring to Internet usage on a phone? That sounds more like Internet usage on a PC.

For instance, the FCC is currently testing broadband ISPs here in the US. They consider >30 GB month to be heavy use. https://www.testmyisp.com/requirements.html
    Retired Moderator

I want to use bbm. And does incoming e-mails to my phone use data? ...
    I am a Roger customer too and I can assure you that BlackBerry Messenger and lots of Email bairly register in terms of data usage.

Rogers provides a web link to monitor your data use. Log on to your Rogers account to find it.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wp-data-guide

Only 4% of Rogers smartphone customers currently use more than 500 MB of data/month. Customers that use more then 500 MB of data/month tend to be customers that heavily stream and download content with their device
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,571 Global Posts

LOL! The list posted from the Rogers site are internet packages for cable internet.... I have the Extreme Plus. Go thru 90 GBs a month ez.

Don't be afraid to THANK or LIKE

BBM: 7A03E5E9

What is the ultimate BlackBerry? The ultimate BlackBerry would be a device with the screen size of the Z10 along with the physical keyboard of the Q10 and the battery life of the Z30. This, would be the ultimate BlackBerry. Why they haven't built it yet remains one of the greatest mystery of BlackBerry.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    827 Global Posts

As a Rogers user, you should have an icon called "My Account" somewhere on your berry.

you should be able to use this app to view all your account information; including data usage.
    There are 10 types of people in the world: those that understand Binary, those that don't, and those that don't expect this signature to be in base 3.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    PIN
    21B49321

Does it matter if your carrier offers "Unlimited Web" is it just for personal reference or are you guys trying to see where you are compared to your monthly limit?
    BlackBerry Unlockers
    $5.00 for ANY Blackberry Unlock
    Blackberry Unlock Code 100% Guaranteed
    CLICK HERE to Unlock your Blackberry Today!