| | 12-17-2012, 07:44 PM Thread Author #1
How To Charge Your Blackberry if Your Micro-USB port breaks
So the place where I'm to plug my charger in my Blackberry Bold 9780 fell out...
I didn't know what to do! My phone was dead, so I frantically started searching the internet for some temporary charging solutions.
The only solutions I found were either really difficult to execute, or they involved charging the battery externally which annoyed me.
Then I realized, what does a charging pod do? It uses the terminals on the bottom of the phone! I came across this tutorial:
but to be honest, I'm a 16 year old girl and that was a little too technical for my taste..
Anyway, if you're looking for a quick fix, just do as follows:
1. Find an old USB cord that you're no longer using. It could be for an iPod, a blackberry, a camera. It doesn't really matter.
2. Cut the non-USB end off of the cord.
3. Strip down the cord about two inches (this way the wires can span across to the two terminals with no trouble)
4. Cut away any of the metallic paper stuff(can you tell I'm an expert? ;D) and any wires that are NOT the black or red wires.
5. Strip the black and red wires down a bit.
6. Using electrical tape, secure the red wire to the left terminal on the bottom of your phone, and the black wire to the right terminal.
7. Plug your cord into your computer and watch it charge!
NOTE: If it doesn't work, pull the cord so it's taught and tape it down to a surface. It works better if the cord is tight.
p.s. this may be common knowledge, but I couldn't find any threads very quickly so I thought I'd share anyway