what are modular propertys? Like for example "Net_rim_bb_qm_peer_catalys_impl" , and the Dates created are when I was away on vacation , Without the phone , , how can you tell what's what ? Or going on ? There are so many , , Is there a way to tell if someone put a program spy on it ?
    03-02-12 06:02 AM
    If you own a iPhone or Android device, your phone has been hacked by design. If it's a RIM device you are safe.
    03-02-12 06:25 AM
    Apparently all you need is the IMEI# (International Mobile Equipment Identity) , Found by simply removing the battery , Or entering *#06# on the key pad , , That's what bothers me , Any one could just even borrow your phone for a moment and get that. , , And open an account at a number of sights like Cell Spy , set it up and apparently even make silent calls just to listen , , But how could you tell ? , Wiping the phone would do NO good , It still has the same "IMEI"
    03-02-12 07:21 AM
    Check the logs using BDM. There should be some text files which if I can remember, logs the apps, events, etc. So, if you see something strange, that might identify if you are being spied on. I used the logs a while back for debugging some apps.
    03-02-12 06:00 PM
    Apparently all you need is the IMEI# (International Mobile Equipment Identity) , Found by simply removing the battery , Or entering *#06# on the key pad , , That's what bothers me , Any one could just even borrow your phone for a moment and get that. , , And open an account at a number of sights like Cell Spy , set it up and apparently even make silent calls just to listen , , But how could you tell ? , Wiping the phone would do NO good , It still has the same "IMEI"
    Rule #1 protect your phone with a password.
    *#06# becomes irrelevant and a battery pull will result into a suspect pin request.
    But if you're tracked before (and if it is really as you describe) ... I don't have any relevant answer.

EDIT : EMEI won't be enough it is required to install a spy program. So ... Just do this above and you'll stay cool.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-02-12 at 06:32 PM.
    03-02-12 06:23 PM
    EMEI won't be enough it is required to install a spy program. So ... Just do this above and you'll stay cool.
    That's right. You can't call the device and make it answer. You have to have a program running on the device.
    03-03-12 04:01 PM
    There is no way to "hack" a blackberry unless you took it off somebody and had an app made to use on it (remote access that started each time the device did) but still, the user would see it and then remove it. Damn near impossible to do. You shouldn't have to worry about that at all. Just use common sense and don't fall for those scare tactics some people use.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-04-12 02:23 AM
    There is no way to "hack" a blackberry unless you took it off somebody and had an app made to use on it (remote access that started each time the device did) but still, the user would see it and then remove it. Damn near impossible to do. You shouldn't have to worry about that at all. Just use common sense and don't fall for those scare tactics some people use.
    Not entirely true. For $200 you can use elcomsoft to recover the device pw.
    03-04-12 09:48 AM
    Yeah, but in general, people can't "hack" your phone like they can an unsecured, unfirewalled computer.
    03-04-12 09:50 AM
    While it is hard to hack Blackberries compared to already hacked by design phones like iPhone and Androids, there is always a possibility like any other electronic device. It is not impossible, but extremely hard to hack a BB compared to others.

For example, India tracks all cellphones except Blackberries. That's why RIM was forced to install their BIS server for Indian customers in India so the Indian government can track them. Is it called hack by the Indian government? It's your call, but RIM bent over due to national security issues.

Also, someone can track your activities(not tracking your phone) without going through your phone. For example, one of my friend's wife was suspected of cheating on him. So, I hack in to the email server which allow us to read her emails BEFORE it even get in to her secure Blackberry. Turns out she was cheating. Google privacy policy on the news would be one more example of a company keeping tabs on your activities before the communications reach your phone.
    03-04-12 09:59 AM
    You have to install it on the target phone. It's not like you can magically start spying on any phone.

Password protect your phone.

Phone your carrier and see what it has to say about spy software, can they detect it?
    03-04-12 10:16 AM
    While it is hard to hack Blackberries compared to already hacked by design phones like iPhone and Androids, there is always a possibility like any other electronic device. It is not impossible, but extremely hard to hack a BB compared to others.

For example, India tracks all cellphones except Blackberries. That's why RIM was forced to install their BIS server for Indian customers in India so the Indian government can track them. Is it called hack by the Indian government? It's your call, but RIM bent over due to national security issues.

Also, someone can track your activities(not tracking your phone) without going through your phone. For example, one of my friend's wife was suspected of cheating on him. So, I hack in to the email server which allow us to read her emails BEFORE it even get in to her secure Blackberry. Turns out she was cheating. Google privacy policy on the news would be one more example of a company keeping tabs on your activities before the communications reach your phone.

How can you hack into the email server when it's a BIS server (a closed network for hackers)

BIS acts like a subnetwork on the internet right. Ex. an email comes from an android device, it's routed into BIS (scanned for viruses etc) and the BIS email server sends the email (encrypted) to the BlackBerry

Where did you hack an email server

Let me speculate...you're the IT tech where this woman works and her husband is your friend and you spied on her email account with your IT access...
    Last edited by anthogag; 03-04-12 at 09:06 PM.
    03-04-12 10:23 AM
    Check the logs using BDM. There should be some text files which if I can remember, logs the apps, events, etc. So, if you see something strange, that might identify if you are being spied on. I used the logs a while back for debugging some apps.
    You guys are all great with good awners to think about , , and for starters , What and where are "logs using BDM" ? , and also , I've been checking my detaild plovider account , and thare are small tiny data uses around the clock ! I'm shore some are some stupid apps the you can't deny some privilages to or that won't work , just another frustation , but again , for now what are and where are "the logs using BDM?
    03-21-12 05:35 AM
    How can you hack into the email server when it's a BIS server (a closed network for hackers)

BIS acts like a subnetwork on the internet right. Ex. an email comes from an android device, it's routed into BIS (scanned for viruses etc) and the BIS email server sends the email (encrypted) to the BlackBerry

Where did you hack an email server

Let me speculate...you're the IT tech where this woman works and her husband is your friend and you spied on her email account with your IT access...
    It depends on what type of email account he hacked. You don't have to hack a Blackberry to hack someone's email account if they are using a yahoo or Gmail account to send emails
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-21-12 06:02 AM
    It depends on what type of email account he hacked. You don't have to hack a Blackberry to hack someone's email account if they are using a yahoo or Gmail account to send emails
    ... especially if you use the exact same password for your devices, account, logins ... once you've been steal once ... you're done.
    03-21-12 07:00 AM
    Okay I couldn't resist. You know your phone has been hacked when it won't allow you to spell the word "HACKED"!
    03-21-12 09:44 AM
    From what I can gather, it's relatively easy to 'hack' someone's voicemail. But that's not what you're asking is it?

I think Blackberries are supposed to be some of the most secure devices around, in all likelihood you'll be fine
    03-21-12 10:18 AM
    You can't hack a Blackberry, however, your sim card can easily be cloned.
    03-21-12 02:09 PM
    Okay I couldn't resist. You know your phone has been hacked when it won't allow you to spell the word "HACKED"!
    I hate when my phone gets haked.
    03-21-12 02:21 PM
    Me too hootyhoo! Fricken hilarious!
    03-24-12 07:40 PM
    If any kind of spyware program was installed, it should show up in the Installed Apps.

Yes, but it only works on BACKUPS, not on the device itself AND to retrieve the device password, the user would have had to enable encryption on the media card with a password. So you can crack a backup that had media card encryption with password enabled, but that's it.
    03-24-12 07:51 PM
    Odds are that you'll never have to worry about your BlackBerry (or any other phone for that matter) being HAKED. Just set a passcode lock if you're worried.
    03-24-12 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD