If anyone knows about an app that will let me view vids on the BB curve 8330. Please email me at .... Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 08-02-09 at 03:28 PM. Reason: remove email address
    08-02-09 01:42 PM
    You should go to your curve forum or the 3rd party apps forum (http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/) to search as well as ask. You'll probably get better answers as it relates to your phone or to 3rd party apps in particular.

You would also get better answers to your questions if you used a more descriptive title than "help" or "help again." Something liek ""3rd party apps to view videos on 8330" get people who might know the answer to look.
    08-02-09 01:50 PM
    There are two sources of video you may be interested in viewing. First are you own video clips, recorded by your Video Camera.

If you Curve does not have a Video Camera, you will want to upgrade to a later OS version that does include the Video Camera.

Media / Video / Select and press Play.

Next, video you have downloaded or prepared on your computer. You will need to convert it into one of the formats that BlackBerry supports. 3GP and MP4 are commenly used.

There is one more choice. Video streamed from sites like YouTube. In order to view the video, you will need to verify your OS version.

Options / About. Third line down. If it is lower then v4.5xx, you will need to do the upgrade to support streaming media.
    08-02-09 03:36 PM
    A friend of mine had trouble with videos on his 8330 and I had to run mine through a video converter as well to watch movies on my 8320. The movie forum has a number of threads detailing how to do this and which app to use.

Most of us do not like Roxio because for the most part you can by-pass it and simply drag media files from your PC to your device's media card through My Computer or Windows explorer on your PC, but I found it did work to load videos onto a 83xx curve.

What I did was download a movie file from the movie forum, for example, and then start Roxio, drag a movie into the top box and select move to my BlackBerry media card. I also usually chose convert for optimal playback. The movies would then play for me on my device. I do not need to do this any longer because my current 8900 will play mp4s and AVI files without any conversion. So I no longer need Roxio.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 04:24 PM
    Why can't I view youtube videos on my tour, but I had no problem with viewing them on my pearl!?
    08-02-09 04:42 PM
    Why can't I view youtube videos on my tour, but I had no problem with viewing them on my pearl!?
    Are you using the correct site:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

(m.youtube.com)
    08-02-09 04:47 PM
    I didn't know the tour didn't support youtube videos :| thats a bummer!
    08-02-09 07:11 PM
    I didn't know the tour didn't support youtube videos :| thats a bummer!

I would hold off that conclusion until the OP replies.

I would be very suprized if other Tour users are experiencing a similar issue.
    08-02-09 08:02 PM
    There are two sources of video you may be interested in viewing. First are you own video clips, recorded by your Video Camera.

If you Curve does not have a Video Camera, you will want to upgrade to a later OS version that does include the Video Camera.

Media / Video / Select and press Play.

Next, video you have downloaded or prepared on your computer. You will need to convert it into one of the formats that BlackBerry supports. 3GP and MP4 are commenly used.

There is one more choice. Video streamed from sites like YouTube. In order to view the video, you will need to verify your OS version.

Options / About. Third line down. If it is lower then v4.5xx, you will need to do the upgrade to support streaming media.
    I'm having an issue with viewing videos I take with my BB8330m. My OS is v4.5.0.138 which, to my knowledge, is the most current OS for my BB. When I try to play the vids I take I get a message saying "The media being played is of an unsupported format" but vids I downloaded from online play just fine. Any help with this?
    08-06-09 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD