Does anyone know?...
    12-01-09 08:41 AM
    It depends on theb carrier.t mobile u can call with wifi .att can not use it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 08:46 AM
    Just hook up to a wi-fi network and the UMA option will pop up.
    12-01-09 09:15 AM
    When I connect to a wifi network , I don't get the UMA option . My carrier does not support UMA but my bb is factory unlocked . Is there anyway aeound this ?

12-01-09 09:40 AM
    When I connect to a wifi network , I don't get the UMA option . My carrier does not support UMA but my bb is factory unlocked . Is there anyway aeound this ?

No. Factory unlocked phones do not include the hardware for UMA support. You will have to buy the phone from a carrier that supports it for it to work.

12-01-09 10:17 AM
    So even if my carrier does not support UMA and I have a 9700 that has UMA hardware , there will be a way around it ?

If so , how to set it up and does t mobile support uma ?

12-01-09 10:18 AM
    TMo does support UMA, when you set up a WiFi network, UMA symbol will pop up on your screen. Sometimes if you have a weak wifi signal, UMA won't show.

12-01-09 10:22 AM
    To set up a WiFi network, click on your Manage Connections icon, then click setup WiFi connection. Follow the prompts.

12-01-09 10:24 AM
    UMA requires hardware on the carrier side to work. There is no way to get UMA working with a carrier that doesn't support it.
    12-01-09 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD