I have a BlackBerry 8310 curve and want to be able to transfer Word files between it and my netbook (both directions). I have tried using the Media application, but it only seems to allow me to send photos, videos, music etc., not Word files. Is there a way of doing this? And if it's not possible with the 8310, what other BlackBerry models (if any) can do this?
    10-03-09 04:30 AM
    When you enter the media icon, hit them menu button and select explore.

Look for the file and try and send it that way.

I just sent a txt file to my other BB and it worked.

It might work for you with your word file.

Give it a try

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 04:48 AM
    When you enter the media icon, hit them menu button and select explore.

Look for the file and try and send it that way.

I just sent a txt file to my other BB and it worked.

It might work for you with your word file.

Give it a try

Thanks, that worked! I was able to send a Word file from my BlackBerry to my netbook. Unfortunately, when I tried to send a file in the other direction, it didn't work and my netbook said my BlackBerry doesn't support the File Transfer function, so it looks like I might need a different model if I want to go in the other direction. Still, that was very useful to know, so thanks very much for your help!
    10-03-09 05:25 AM
    One thing with the BB and its probably the most annoying thing for me is that if you send something to a blackberry is that you have to TELL it to receive.

What to do is again go into the media icon and select receive through bluetooth.

You have to have your netbook paired with your device ( which you probaly have as you managed to send a file to it )

Once you have set your BB to receive try sending the file from your netbook.

The blackberry should then ask prompt for file name and save location ( you will know what I mean ). The hit ok and that should do it.

I hope. :-)

10-03-09 05:36 AM
    Many thanks again for your help - I did what you said and it very nearly did the trick, only the transfer never quite worked fully (it never got beyond 42% on the "File Transfer" status bar). I could see it was working because the file name of the document I was transferring did appear in the "Documents" folder on my Blackberry. Tantalisingly close... ah well, I'll keep plugging away at it!
    10-03-09 10:02 AM
    What to do is try sending another file from your netbook to your BB.

Use a jpg file and see if it works. Then you know that if it cannot send that, It will probably be a problem with netbook/BB and not a file type error.

Unsure how to fix this to be honest, try updating drivers for netbook and check for latest OD for your handset.

10-03-09 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD