Hi all,
    Really hope that someone can help me with this!

I am going abroad and would like to use Google maps there. I have bought a 10mb data package - but was wondering how I go about monitoring what I have used to be sure that I don't go over that.

Gus
    06-16-09 10:24 AM
    Mobile Data Alerter - monitors your wifi usage, at home data usage, and roaming usage. You can also set limits so you can be warned when you are about to approach your set maximum.

Link OTA: http:// mda (dot) e-office (dot) com
    06-16-09 10:30 AM
    MiniMoni - Traffic monitor for BlackBerry
    Just the tool your looking for, and free too.

The two top lines contain the daily and monthly cumulated traffic. Updated every minute.
    The daily will be reset at midnight and a record is added to the logbook.
    The monthly will be reset at midnight at the last day of the month.

The graph in the middle shows the traffic over the last minutes. Please take into account that the amount is logarithmic by base 10. The figures are representing bytes. Updated every second.

Cycle elapsed time is an internal measurement to show how many milliseconds it takes to calculate all values during the last second. Updated every second.

In and Out show the cumulated traffic on the device since the last reboot. Updated every second. Accordingly max/s show the maximum number of bytes per second since the last restart of the program. Updated every second.

Net does show the string of the current provider name.

Volt shows the status of the voltage of the battery as well as the gauge below shows the percentage of battery load left. Updated every minute.

06-16-09 10:31 AM
    MiniMoni looks kind of cool. Doesn't work for sh!t on an 8900. Font is unreadable, and AFAIK there's no way to change it.
    06-16-09 11:40 AM
    MiniMoni looks kind of cool. Doesn't work for sh!t on an 8900. Font is unreadable, and AFAIK there's no way to change it.
    LOL, think that's bad, try it on a Pearl.

In fact, the important information, daily and accumulated data use is in a readable font, the only issue is the graph labels, which are so tiny they are are unreadable. That is not an issue, it is the size of the data bars that count.
    06-16-09 11:45 AM
    i just downloaded it on my 8900 ....
    font is pretty tiny, but i can still read off my daily usage from the top line... cant complain i guess, free app lol
    06-16-09 05:02 PM
    10mb for just google maps? Isn't that just a few trips?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD