The battery timing of z10 is reduced practically after installing the os 10.2..how can i increase the battery timing?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 01:29 AM
    it will be back to normal in a couple of days, just be patience.
    11-11-13 02:08 AM
    As the previous post says give it time. 3-4 days after installing 1791 my battery lasts 12-15 hours
    11-11-13 04:52 AM
    True the battery has improved a bit with the 10 2 OS, just a bit
    But is there a chance for a larger battery for the Z10 ?
    Either from BlackBerry or third party like Seideo ?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 04:58 AM
    There isn't much you can do unless you want to start disabling features like swipe to unlock and turn off LTE. The battery for the Z10 is too small and can't power the device for a substantial amount of time unless you just aren't using it.

The myth of "letting the OS settle for a few days" is complete nonsense. It won't improve and the phone isn't settling anything.
    janjan11 likes this.
    11-11-13 05:18 AM
    Buy a Z30 problem solved.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    11-11-13 11:42 AM
    How many hours of battery in z30

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 12:31 PM
    When I had the Z10 I was always carrying a 2nd battery with me.

Sent from my Z 30
    11-12-13 01:24 PM
    The myth of "letting the OS settle for a few days" is complete nonsense. It won't improve and the phone isn't settling anything.
    It isn't a myth. Your phone is resyncing with your accounts. The more accounts the longer it takes. But I wouldn't say it goes longer than a day. One over night sleep and you should he back to normal.

I turn off my lte, lower the brightness, and decrease syncing intervals for my social apps. I also have a charger beside my bed, on my desk at home, in my car, and at my office at work... this baby is always juiced!

Posted via CB10
    SifiGamer likes this.
    11-12-13 01:33 PM
    You could be a sensible chap and carry a spare battery with you (for example in a portable charger kit).
    11-12-13 01:34 PM
    As others have stated, you need to give it time. It took mine at least a couple days before I saw the difference. In the previous version, my battery didn't last a full day. It struggled near the end of normal business hours. But now, it seems to be holding a charge close to near bed time. I am by no means a heavy user though. But I'm much happier after upgrading to 10.2.

Also, I've converted contacts, BBM and calendar to the black theme. I assume that might be saving some juice as well.

Give it some time and report back on how things are going. Have fun.
    11-12-13 01:38 PM
    As others have stated, you need to give it time. It took mine at least a couple days before I saw the difference. In the previous version, my battery didn't last a full day. It struggled near the end of normal business hours. But now, it seems to be holding a charge close to near bed time. I am by no means a heavy user though. But I'm much happier after upgrading to 10.2.

Also, I've converted contacts, BBM and calendar to the black theme. I assume that might be saving some juice as well.

Give it some time and report back on how things are going. Have fun.
    For Z10, the dark theme didn't help the battery life. But since 10.0 to 10.2 the battery life it's improving constantly. In my experience, at least . Downloading 10.2.1.. I'm curious about battery life! Among "few" other things!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 02:01 PM
    11-12-13 02:04 PM
    It isn't a myth. Your phone is resyncing with your accounts. The more accounts the longer it takes. But I wouldn't say it goes longer than a day. One over night sleep and you should he back to normal.

I turn off my lte, lower the brightness, and decrease syncing intervals for my social apps. I also have a charger beside my bed, on my desk at home, in my car, and at my office at work... this baby is always juiced!

Posted via CB10
    I agree, but the nonsense of saying give it "a few days" is complete BS. It only takes at max a few hours to sync your data.

The bottom line with the Z10 is that you need a spare battery or a charger with you to make it through the day, unless you want to turn off all the features of the phone. The battery is too small and there isn't much else that can be done to make it last.
    11-12-13 06:40 PM
    Yes. Turn off LTE

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 06:20 AM
    Ya. A larger battery would be nice. I know ebay has some monster ones with bigger back cover but I'm not a fan of bulky back.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 07:41 AM
    I have z30 and I always still have like 30% use after midnight. Starting at 8am in the day. So basically lasts way over 16 hours.

It feels good to be mobile.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 01:02 PM
    I agree, but the nonsense of saying give it "a few days" is complete BS. It only takes at max a few hours to sync your data.

The bottom line with the Z10 is that you need a spare battery or a charger with you to make it through the day, unless you want to turn off all the features of the phone. The battery is too small and there isn't much else that can be done to make it last.
    It isn't really. Back when I had Android device they always told me to wait a few for the battery and phone to calibrate

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 01:14 PM
    It isn't really. Back when I had Android device they always told me to wait a few for the battery and phone to calibrate

Posted via CB10
    There used to be a time for "breaking a battery in." But not with today's batteries.
    11-16-13 01:23 PM
    Good question I'd like to know too
    11-16-13 01:27 PM
    There isn't much you can do unless you want to start disabling features like swipe to unlock and turn off LTE. The battery for the Z10 is too small and can't power the device for a substantial amount of time unless you just aren't using it.

This is complete nonsense. I go dawn to dusk on a single charge with medium mixed usage. Obviously battery life will vary by user, you really can't base it on one person's individual experience.
    11-16-13 01:29 PM