Currently, within my work group, there are several individuals carrying both a BlackBerry and a pager. All pagers are accessed through a single 1-800 number (callers need only dial one number, to page the entire group). Really, we are retaining the pagers only for urgent situations (to seperate it from the trivial emails), or situations where the sender does not have access to email, but still needs to reach the group.

How can we consildate devices, and have pages sent to our BlackBerry devices? We need a seemless solution for end users, retaining one simple 1-800 number (preferably the same number) to push the numeric message to all BlackBerry devices (as SMS, email, or whatever works).

I don't know that the Onset virtual pager solution would work, due to multiple steps it seems to require (the number + extension is a showstopper), but I wouldn't mind hearing feedbakc from real users.

In the event it matters, we are in Canada, with Telus as our cellular service provider, and Rogers as our pager service provider.

Thanks in advance
    01-05-12 12:50 PM
    What is this pager device you speak of?

I have my workers send me a BBM if it is urgent. That blue icon catches my eye every time, even during 100+ email days.
    Last edited by Altarocks; 01-05-12 at 12:56 PM.
    01-05-12 12:53 PM
    pager? did we just step into bill n teds phone both?. lol, just kidding.

well wasnt bb built on pagers originally? might there be something still left in the code? or is it now just bbm and their push system?

to me i say i agree with the previous post above, sounds like a job for bbm. use a group, set custom alert and use one of the free utilities to set custom alert led notification. done and done.
    01-05-12 02:13 PM
    BBM would assume all employees had a BlackBerry, which is not the case. Thousands of employees, some of which don't even have email or a dedicated phone. All need to be able to page us, to escalate issues.
    01-05-12 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD