My husband used to have a blackberry for work and he used to travel a lot, mainly to Europe, but also the US. His emails used to come through on his blackberry WITHOUT turning on roaming. In his words, it just used to work. He has had multiple smart phones since then, and has never had this again. He wants to get another blackberry that has this feature. Is this still possible, and if so, is it device specific? Please can anyone help, this phone issue is causing me phenomenal stress!!
    10-08-15 08:57 AM
    Was/is your husband a T-Mobile US customer? That's the only American carrier I know of that has had free international roaming data for a while now, albeit at an average of 2G speeds...which is fine for emails. Sprint has recently started offering free international roaming too, but from your post it sounds like your husband's free usage precedes Sprint's offering.

So if he indeed is a TMO US customer, then yes--they still offer international roaming (and texting to the US) at no additional charge. And this works on all BlackBerry phones.
    Was/is your husband a T-Mobile US customer? That's the only American carrier I know of that has had free international roaming data for a while now, albeit at an average of 2G speeds...which is fine for emails. Sprint has recently started offering free international roaming too, but from your post it sounds like your husband's free usage precedes Sprint's offering.

So if he indeed is a TMO US customer, then yes--they still offer international roaming (and texting to the US) at no additional charge. And this works on all BlackBerry phones.
    10-08-15 11:52 AM
    The exact reason that I left Verizon for the poorer coverage of TMobile
    10-08-15 06:02 PM
    The exact reason that I left Verizon for the poorer coverage of TMobile
    Ironic that T-Mobile will give you better coverage outside of the US than they will in its borders!

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    10-09-15 05:37 AM