I've tried a variety of apps and searched the forums, but I was unable to find exactly what I was looking for. I need a way to backup/export my texts into a format where they are readable on the computer, so preferably where I can see the actual conversation (I need context, and dates for all mesages, and
    I need them to be searchable). I also need it to include group messages, as I'm using these in a complaint, and many of the messages come from group conversations. Is there any app for blackberry that will do this? I own probably 6 backup apps, but they either seem to be incomplete, or to exclude group messages. If there isn't an app for my phone, is there a way to extract the information from backup, or if all else fails, my previous phone was an android, and I know there are apps for android to achieve this, so if I could restore all my texts to that phone, that could also work, I'm just not sure how to do that. Thanks so much!
    06-13-15 12:54 PM
    SMS Backup and Restore Works great to save your text and MMS messages or to export SMS to a CSV file.

If you just want one chat, you can copy the whole chat to the clipboard easily.

When you have the chat open, tap... and choose Copy Chat from the slide out menu. then paste it where you want.

This process I describe below was going from Android to BB10, but it might work in reverse for you.

On Android, I downloaded SMS Backup & Restore by Ritesh Sahu. It's free
    I ran it and saved the SMS backup onto the SD Card

Take the SD card out of the Android phone and put in in your BB10 phone

Go into BlackBerry World and buy the app from Epic Windmill
    BlackBerry World - SMS Backup

After purchase and installation, run the App and Do a Backup of your current SMS if desired, I think they will be lost otherwise.
    Then do a Restore and find the file you saved on the SD card.
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    06-13-15 02:36 PM
    I installed SMS Backup on my Z10 and backed up all my SMS and MMS on my SD card. I got a new Z30, moved the SD card over to it, installed SMS backup onto the Z30, and attempted to do a restore. When I selected the latest backup file including MMS, it drills deeper into the folders to where I can only restore one folder at a time. Isn't there a way to just restore all folders at once from a specific backup? Thank you.
    06-30-15 12:21 PM
    Why not send an email to the app developer and ask that question? And they could probably describe in detail why or why not something works the way it does, since they've the firsthand experience.
    06-30-15 01:33 PM
    I installed SMS Backup on my Z10 and backed up all my SMS and MMS on my SD card. I got a new Z30, moved the SD card over to it, installed SMS backup onto the Z30, and attempted to do a restore. When I selected the latest backup file including MMS, it drills deeper into the folders to where I can only restore one folder at a time. Isn't there a way to just restore all folders at once from a specific backup? Thank you.
    It sounds like maybe you are not choosing to restore the .XML file that you backed up. You don't go into the MMS folder, just choose the .XML file to restore and it will include the sub folders.
    LF_2222 likes this.
    07-01-15 04:12 AM
    Yes jhanks64!! That was it!! I had clicked on the MMS file instead of the backup XML file. Duh!! All messages restored to the new device. Thank you very much.
    07-01-15 10:57 AM
    tdyhedge - I did that as well and their reply was the same canned instructions that come with the app, which is why I came to this forum in the first place AND I got the answer I needed above.
    07-01-15 11:03 AM