I really like using my Passport as my alarm clock but I'm reading more about the blue light emitted from cell phone screens and how it impacts melatonin production and can negatively affect sleep.

Does anyone know how much blue light is emitted while the device is in bedside mode? Is it less/same than when I'm using the device outside of bedside mode?
    03-11-15 04:01 PM
    This is the reason why BlackBerry chose orange for the Bedside mode..... blue light is part of the cold white color setting of the screens.... It makes white backgrounds look white....

You can adjust the white balance in BlackBerry in settings and set it to a warmer, yellowish white...

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 04:07 PM
    The 'blue light' is mainly a concern on LCD displays, when staring into them for long time from short distance, like reading ebook , especially at night or in dark environments.

So the concern is mainly from light entering via your eyes

You can safely sleep with the screen on

But if you care about your eyes, always make sure to have a good light in the room where you read, or work behind a computer screen.

And, blue light is not the only melatonin 'blocker', most 'colors' do it, the blue frequencies are the more powerful and therefore the latest debates about it.

Make sure to get lots of natural sunlight during the day, and you will sleep better!
    03-11-15 05:36 PM
    This is the reason why BlackBerry chose orange for the Bedside mode.....
    Really? And where did you take that from?
    03-11-15 05:38 PM