BlackBerry maker, Research in Motion is having problems again. As reported by a Canadian website called Mobilesyrup, there seems to be a major design flaw with their BlackBerry Bold 9900. An image of a leaked internal document has showcased that the holster of the phone has a big problem that lets the keypad and the keys fall off.

As reported by the Mobile Indian, according to the report, "RIM has identified a design issue with the holsters supplied with BlackBerry Bold 9900 devices manufactured before November 3, 2011. Due to a folded edge, inside the lip of the holster, keys on the keyboard can be caught and knocked off when inserting the device into the holster at an angle with excessive force.
    Ok first off the article starts off with the title "Bold 9900 has design flaw". Last time I checked and the internal document from RIM shows that the "Holster" has the design flaw not the phone.

What is with the media today? They all seem to have problems with RIM and try to spin it around and make them look like a horrible company. They build good solid quality phones, but this fanboyism (if you want to call it that) has to stop from professional journalism.

Link to source: Bold 9900 has a design flaw

/rant
    recompile likes this.
    02-05-12 07:37 PM
    At least they didn't mention the software flaw.
    02-05-12 08:20 PM
    I think the naysayers secretly love RIM and Blackberries but dont want to admit it or show it because the crowd follows apple and android. Its funny because not many people can explain why they dont like blackberry, besides the lack of apps nor can they explain why they prefer apple or android. *shrugs* RIM will shape up!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    02-05-12 09:25 PM
    Very blind. They have no eyes!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    02-05-12 10:07 PM
    It's not a 9900 design flaw, it's a holster flaw, and they print it, and it diminishes their reputation for quality reporting...figure that one out
    Last edited by anthogag; 02-05-12 at 10:49 PM.
    02-05-12 10:30 PM
    professional journalism??? what the f__k is that? never heard of it..

APPLE has brainwashed people, I mean they have to, as they put out an inferior product.

if you want a toy you get an apple product, if you want the real deal, a professional, upscale product, BLACKBERRY is the way to go.

There is a huge lack of knowledge when it comes to a solid blackberry product and exactly what that product can do.
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    02-05-12 10:57 PM
    if you want a toy you get an apple product, if you want the real deal, a professional, upscale product, BLACKBERRY is the way to go.
    It's not as though revenue from people who want a "real deal, a professional, upscale product" is somehow more valuable than revenue from people who want "toys." Revenue is revenue.
    02-05-12 11:05 PM
    crackberry is open all day long on my laptop as i go through my days at work, and i read many of the threads on here. I have found that there is always the same type of bashing going on, whether from the news or from jack and jane(random names of ppl on here). i have concluded that it could very well be that apple.inc pays various sources/ppl (obviously through the back door) to purposefully bash RIMM. A lot of the bashing doesn't make any sense or even add up as truth. argh.. i could go on an on but ive gone off on a tangent..
    BearSnout likes this.
    02-05-12 11:07 PM
    i have concluded that it could very well be that apple.inc pays various sources/ppl (obviously through the back door) to purposefully bash RIMM.
    It could also be that the aliens from "Independence Day" have actually landed, and have infiltrated Crackberry in the first step towards world domination. I think we both have the same amount of evidence. So do you want to call Jeff Goldblum, or should I?
    02-05-12 11:14 PM
    economist101 -- i agree that revenue is revenue, apple makes a product and they are very successful.

there will always be Apple, and Android, their phones are appealing to many, I mean who wouldn't want a half million apps hahaha. its quite amusing as i have yet to find anybody with 1000 apps on there phone(read between the lines).

Rimm builds an amazing product that is looked at from afar but not truly put to the test by many who do the bashing.

my 9900 is a powerful tool. i for one havent been let down by my 9900.

Rimm is headed in the right direction. with the new phone offerings coming down the pipeline i believe more people will have their eyes opened.
    02-05-12 11:36 PM
    Rimm could certainly reduce the number of different models they have to offer, i mean i have lost track.

and put out some serious marketing.

and set some damn standards for the stores and companies that represent blackberry products..
    CDM76 and shemaree09 like this.
    02-05-12 11:49 PM
    BlackBerry maker, Research in Motion is having problems again. As reported by a Canadian website called Mobilesyrup, there seems to be a major design flaw with their BlackBerry Bold 9900. An image of a leaked internal document has showcased that the holster of the phone has a big problem that lets the keypad and the keys fall off.
    LETS THEM FALL OFF???
    That makes it sound like the holster is the only thing that's holding the keypad to the phone.
    02-06-12 12:12 AM
    crackberry is open all day long on my laptop as i go through my days at work, and i read many of the threads on here. I have found that there is always the same type of bashing going on, whether from the news or from jack and jane(random names of ppl on here). i have concluded that it could very well be that apple.inc pays various sources/ppl (obviously through the back door) to purposefully bash RIMM. A lot of the bashing doesn't make any sense or even add up as truth. argh.. i could go on an on but ive gone off on a tangent..

It's probably true. Marketing/PR firms know people use the internet and forums like this during the 'information gathering process' and it's a no-brainer..hit these forums and muddy the water, steer people away from BlackBerry...it does the damage they want and it's ridiculously inexpensive

As a subversive poster in this forum you could slander RIM all day long with no repercussions - maybe a ban but you can simply come back with a new account. In a slanderous marketing campaign you'd be sued
    02-06-12 08:29 AM
    I think the naysayers secretly love RIM and Blackberries but dont want to admit it or show it because the crowd follows apple and android. Its funny because not many people can explain why they dont like blackberry, besides the lack of apps nor can they explain why they prefer apple or android. *shrugs* RIM will shape up!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    THIS!!!!

Them: Ugh!, a Blackberry is garbage. I Hate them!

Me: Which phone did you have?

Them: ....Ive never had a Blackberry before.

Me: so, what dont you like about Blackberry's?

Them: iPhones/Androids are better

Me: How so?

Them: ......Apps!

Me:
    recompile, deezy87 and bigbmc26 like this.
    02-06-12 09:55 AM
    professional journalism??? what the f__k is that? never heard of it..

APPLE has brainwashed people, I mean they have to, as they put out an inferior product.

There is a huge lack of knowledge when it comes to a solid blackberry product and exactly what that product can do.
    Everyone is aware of what the bb can do. Consumers are also aware of what the blackberry can't do, especially against devices that's in the same price range.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    02-06-12 10:11 AM
    Everyone is aware of what the bb can do. Consumers are also aware of what the blackberry can't do, especially against devices that's in the same price range.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    Leave it alone, man. Just smile and say: "yes, posters get paid to bash RIM."

I mean, c'mon... "Subversive" now? For real?
    02-06-12 10:14 AM
    Leave it alone, man. Just smile and say: "yes, posters get paid to bash RIM."

I mean, c'mon... "Subversive" now? For real?
    Never underestimate the power of denial.
    02-06-12 10:17 AM
    Interesting. I just went through 3 pages of posts about various phones. The Blackberry items are all positive, including a Playbook giveaway. The post in question is now on page four, titled, "Some BlackBerry Bold 9900 users experiencing 'Knocked off keys due to OEM holster'”. The picture included shows the RIM document clearly delineating the holster issue. And the beginning of the post reads, "The Bold 9900 is by far the most elegant BlackBerry smartphone, well that is until the “London” officially launches. The 9900 still rocks the upscale quality of the Bold name and has the “iconic” QWERTY keyboard." But we're going to diss MobileSyrup as downing the 9900? Give me a break! I've seen much worse statements in our own forums.
    02-06-12 10:30 AM
    Do people really still use holsters? Not even trying to be funny. Do they really?
    02-06-12 10:30 AM
    Do people really still use holsters? Not even trying to be funny. Do they really?
    Self-proclaimed �ber Geeks only. No longer found in the general population, once smartphones got below the 10mm thinness barrier.
    02-06-12 11:05 AM
    It's the fanny pack of a new generation.
    02-06-12 11:10 AM

I do indeed.
    02-06-12 11:31 AM
    I use my OEM holster all the time.

It's clipped to the visor in my vehicle. My phone is set to notification tones in the holster and vibrate when not in the holster.

Back on topic, that was a poor choice of words, in my opinion. I agree with above posters that it sounds like a holster design flaw not a phone design flaw.
    02-06-12 12:02 PM

"..go ahead make my day.."
    02-06-12 01:35 PM
    THIS!!!!

Them: Ugh!, a Blackberry is garbage. I Hate them!

Me: Which phone did you have?

Them: ....Ive never had a Blackberry before.

Me: so, what dont you like about Blackberry's?

Them: iPhones/Androids are better

Me: How so?

Them: ......Apps!

Me:

Them: Why did you buy an iPhone?! iPhones are toys I hate them!

Me: Have you ever used one?

Them: No I only use BlackBerries because they're for professional people and are better and stuff!

Me: so, what dont you like about iPhones?

Them: They have apps and they are popular so they are toys!

Me: So satisfied customers and a populated app store makes it a toy?

Them: Uhhh...You are a brainwashed Apple slave!

Me:
    02-06-12 04:23 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD