So, sure as a consumer I'd like to see a lot of things done differently. However, it seems many people here are blind to the business need and position BlackBerry is in.

BlackBerry IS as stated by Chen focused on Enterprise. That's where they still have $$$ coming in and can make $$$ the quickest. Build BES back up and they'll be able to put the cash back into building for consumer needs. Truthfully, the Z10, Q10, and Z30 have been flops. So to stay afloat they need to focus where impact can be made.

The Passport and Classic will get BES users on OS7 over the hump to BB10 devices. From there BlackBerry will have the opportunity to please everyone.

Sent from my...go ahead and guess?
    wincyUt, acovey and Shadowyugi like this.
    07-20-14 04:24 PM
    Guys this is great. I count almost 30 people here who want a new all touch flagship. That brings the worldwide total to... maybe 100. Don't hate, I am one of them! But is it logical for BlackBerry to sink a lot of $ into R&D and production of a new flagship just to see it sell as poorly as the Z30?

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    07-20-14 04:24 PM
    Guys this is great. I count almost 30 people here who want a new all touch flagship. That brings the worldwide total to... maybe 100. Don't hate, I am one of them! But is it logical for BlackBerry to sink a lot of $ into R&D and production of a new flagship just to see it sell as poorly as the Z30?

Posted via CB10
    You forgot to mention advertising..just like BlackBerry forgot it with the z30.

Z10
    07-20-14 04:31 PM
    You forgot to mention advertising..just like BlackBerry forgot it with the z30.

Z10
    You mean on top of the R&D and production costs they should also sink money into advertising for a phone that almost no one outside this community will ever buy?

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 04:44 PM
    His issue is, like every other person with other phones, he expects new phones to be bigger and badder with innovation and new features.

His argument is completely reasonable, it's the expectation nowadays.
    I agree with this poster but good things do take time and really being patient is the key. Due to the situations affecting the company in the last five years they have had to focus on different things, SO phone R and D and launch was put on haitus. But waiting for the new passport and classic im sure could have happened a year ago right? But, the company is trying and pushing forward with new devices. I think this new beginning launching the passport and launching the classic will bring an entirely new fan and user base to os10.DOnt forget, security and email management is stellar with blackberry and android, ios, windows devices cannot come close in this area. This is why I choose BB and no other.
    07-20-14 04:56 PM
    Let's state 2 things right off the bat:

1) I don't want to jump ships anytime soon, so blackberry is my device of choice for the next few years unless they really **** up...

2) I been a loyal blackberry user and bought every flagship device they released since the bold 9780 (big throwback)

Now my problem is, what devices is blackberry going to release in the next 5 months? Passport and the "classic"? Not trying to learn and adapt to a new Form factor and a very awkward looking handset so passport is out of the question. The classic? Heard it's going to be medium specs? That true? Are you ****ting me?

I been upgrading my BlackBerry every year, went from 9780 to 9900 to Z10 and to Z30 of November of last year which is my current phone...

You kidding me right only 2 devices? Like I WANT to continue to use blackberry. Where are the high end all touch devices?? Why is the classic going to be medium specs?? Don't even ask me why I need "high specs", why do you drive a BMW and not a civic? I want my high end blackberry device this fall and if i wont see one (forget passport) there is only one choice left to do and that is sell my phone before it loses value

Posted via CB10
    I want smaller phone...

How BlackBerry will tick me off in 5 months-imageuploadedbycb-forums1405893870.059048.jpg

Sent from my...go ahead and guess?
    07-20-14 05:04 PM
    Not to say you don't have a valid opinion OP but if there were enough people that wanted this they would offer it. Unfortunately they don't have enough demand for a high end touch to release another one this year. Remember the Z30? The great phone that had non existent carrier support and probably sold very minimally? They aren't in a rush to release another one because they've already seen this story.
    wincyUt likes this.
    07-20-14 06:26 PM
    Sounds like many members are living on the " Bleeding Edge" of technology.... for me, only time I upgrade is he when the device dies or stops doing what I need it to.... Heck I stll have 3 Playbooks that my wife and I use regularly... Have an Ipad just for one of ther online games not on the Playbook... otherwise the IPad just collects dust.... You will never keep up with technology if you go by the latest and greatest... you are just left with wanting more...
    acovey, Shadowyugi and Jonesy1966 like this.
    07-20-14 06:43 PM
    It has been said before that patience is a virtue
    07-20-14 07:07 PM
    Oh please, BlackBerry has released 3 and repeat 3 all touch phones in 1.5 years and only one qwerty.
    Which was the one qwerty? The Q10 or the Q5? ;-)
    Nharzhool and lift like this.
    07-20-14 07:29 PM
    I want a new BlackBerry every Year. I want it better than the competition. Water proof so I can take my BlackBerry tubing down the river. Infrared so my lazy as does not have to find the remote to my cable. Facebook that is actually current with timely events so I don't miss out. A decent gps app so I can find places I'm looking for. And wireless charging to a battery that will last 2 days. I love BlackBerry I've had a BlackBerry since 04 and I'll have one as long ad they are selling one. But BlackBerry needs to compete with android not catch up.

Posted via CB10
    ....you realise there are certain things that they have to put in place to become profitable? Allow them to do that...because even if the made a phone with best specs....they still cant do it every year--not at their current state of affairs..be realistic
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    07-20-14 07:34 PM
    Like the BlackBerry Knight article that CB posted last week.

http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-k...-z10-successor

Now that is something that I look forward to seeing. And a great reason to stay BlackBerry. Just reading about the specs makes me drool. It is exactly what is needed to get BlackBerry back in the cell phone game again. It could even be better than the S5 or M8. People would forget about an iPhone instantly with a BlackBerry Knight.
    Mr. Chen, make it so.

? Posted via CB10 on my ? Z10.
    I don't want anything bigger than the Z10. Better specs, maybe, removable battery, yes, bigger phone, no.

Posted on my Q10 or Z10
    lift likes this.
    07-20-14 07:36 PM
    I agree, I want something besides the two. I think it's just a gimmicky waste of time with the passport (quicker to just have symbols on the keys and whatnot) and I don't want a trackpad-filled classic (waste of screen space to me) what I really want is a high end full touch. I want the 8 gig of ram 1080p 5'+ beast that was rumored and it seems like plenty of others agree. I think BlackBerry is screwing up big time by not having a new and innovative fulltouch out. Losing out on existing customers business.
    The only word I see when I read your comment is "I". Fair enough. You want a huge mf'kin slab phone. That will appeal to some current Blackberry boosters. Rest will be happy with QWERTY devices like Passport or the Classic.

Of course I can't be certain but I can almost bet my house that there'll be a successor to Z30 that will have comparable specs to other flagship slab phones. The fact is, Passport is set to launch when iPhone 6 will be coming out. Do you really want to launch the next gen all touch Blackberry at the same time? Do you seriously think this new all touch Blackberry will get any media coverage or sales traction?

Z30 is a fantastic phone. It was when it launched back late in 2013 and it still is now. That said, how many did it sell? Non-Blackberry consumers who are looking to buy a slab phone are not going to look at a Blackberry touch phone. In fact, Blackberry fans who want a slab phone are turning to Samsung or Apple, despite a device like Z30. A rumoured Z50 isn't going to move the needle that much. You may buy one but not many will.

I would rather have JC release a device like Passport and get the market's attention. When (or if) Blackberry gains back some respect and people no longer say "what's a Blackberry", then maybe a killer 5.5" octa-core 8GB RAM 4K screen device makes sense.
    Last edited by AfterSuperphone; 07-20-14 at 10:31 PM.
    tp2386 likes this.
    07-20-14 09:03 PM
    First world problems. Life must be tough.

Posted via rotary phone
    Lol for real. But it actually is for many. One reason why it's tough for them is cause instead of thinking or focusing on important things or priorities, they spend almost $1000 on a stupid phone they don't need, when they can spend 100 or 2 off contract on a phone that does everything they NEED.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 09:10 PM
    I think you guys are forgetting...Chen doesn't care about the consumer , he's wants the business class this is why they are going keyboard devices. They tried full touch and nobody bought them and they almost lost their shirt.

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    07-20-14 09:50 PM
    What's that got to do with the launch of Passport and Classic? The discussion here, unless I'm mistaken, is that a successor to Z30 should launch first before couple of QWERTY devices. I voted for another all touch, too, but that's not relevant to this thread because Blackberry never said it will not be releasing an all touch follow up to Z30. BTW, great job as an editor-in-chief. Keep up the good work.
    07-20-14 10:26 PM
    You mean on top of the R&D and production costs they should also sink money into advertising for a phone that almost no one outside this community will ever buy?

Posted via CB10
    Oh and never mind that most of the "cheapskates" will be the first to complain about the price of this "all touch" phone.
    Nharzhool likes this.
    07-20-14 10:44 PM
    The only word I see when I read your comment is "I". Fair enough. You want a huge mf'kin slab phone. That will appeal to some current Blackberry boosters. Rest will be happy with QWERTY devices like Passport or the Classic.

Of course I can't be certain but I can almost bet my house that there'll be a successor to Z30 that will have comparable specs to other flagship slab phones. The fact is, Passport is set to launch when iPhone 6 will be coming out. Do you really want to launch the next gen all touch Blackberry at the same time? Do you seriously think this new all touch Blackberry will get any media coverage or sales traction?

Z30 is a fantastic phone. It was when it launched back late in 2013 and it still is now. That said, how many did it sell? Non-Blackberry consumers who are looking to buy a slab phone are not going to look at a Blackberry touch phone. In fact, Blackberry fans who want a slab phone are turning to Samsung or Apple, despite a device like Z30. A rumoured Z50 isn't going to move the needle that much. You may buy one but not many will.

I would rather have JC release a device like Passport and get the market's attention. When (or if) Blackberry gains back some respect and people no longer say "what's a Blackberry", then maybe a killer 5.5" octa-core 8GB RAM 4K screen device makes sense.
    Perfect analysis.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    07-21-14 01:32 AM
    I think you guys are forgetting...Chen doesn't care about the consumer , he's wants the business class this is why they are going keyboard devices. They tried full touch and nobody bought them and they almost lost their shirt.

Ah...did you perhaps forget the part where Chen insisted that they were not ignoring the consumers? What is the Z3? He just said that they are going to focus for now on the Business users. That doesn't mean that there won't be any consumer devices. He already stated that there will be more consumer devices coming.

None of our complaints are a big deal to them. Their first and utmost goal is to get back into the business world.

CB10 on the Q10
    This isn't true...if it were, you wouldn't be seeing articles from BlackBerry responding to all of our input and feedback.

I think another interesting poll would be how many people prefer an all touch BlackBerry vs qwerty BlackBerry (or vice versa).
    It would show the same...because of how logic and numbers work.

I think another interesting poll would be how many people prefer an all touch BlackBerry vs qwerty BlackBerry (or vice versa).
    No, just the details in the OS reported this. The specs IIRC, are around those of the Q10 - which honestly, is perfectly fine for the type of people that want the Classic - business users.

I want a new BlackBerry every Year. I want it better than the competition. Water proof so I can take my BlackBerry tubing down the river. Infrared so my lazy as does not have to find the remote to my cable. Facebook that is actually current with timely events so I don't miss out. A decent gps app so I can find places I'm looking for. And wireless charging to a battery that will last 2 days. I love BlackBerry I've had a BlackBerry since 04 and I'll have one as long ad they are selling one. But BlackBerry needs to compete with android not catch up.
    While a water-proof phone would be nice - it reduces the sound quality produced by the speakers because they need to be sealed. Seriously...you shouldn't be river-rafting with a cellphone - that's just irresponsible. IrDA is actually a step backwards...ancient technology with low reliability that should be removed from use...though, I guess it can be handy if you would rather launch an app on your phone, and point it at your TV to turn it on, rather than just grab the remote and use the one designed for it.

Maybe there is something wrong with your Facebook account or your reception because mine updates with annoying accuracy.

Also, my GPS is amazing...perhaps you need to do a GPS test on your device to determine whether your antenna is damaged or not.

The Z30 has Qi Wireless charging and lasts forever...so uhh...umm...get that.

Source?
    He's wrong...there are no new all-touch devices scheduled for this year. FY 2015 only has three devices (though technically four): The Jakarta (Z3), Manitoba (Z3 LTE), Classic, and Windermere (Passport).

We will probably only see something in the early stages of FY 2016.
    What's that got to do with the launch of Passport and Classic? The discussion here, unless I'm mistaken, is that a successor to Z30 should launch first before couple of QWERTY devices. I voted for another all touch, too, but that's not relevant to this thread because Blackberry never said it will not be releasing an all touch follow up to Z30. BTW, great job as an editor-in-chief. Keep up the good work.
    You're being unnecessarily sarcastic and offensive...or it just seems that way. It is relevant since the OP wants a new All-touch and not a new Qwerty. Bla1ze is just showing that most people here also want a new All-touch. Especially since the linked article contains the following line:

The issue there though, for some, is that both of those devices are QWERTY keyboard devices leaving those who like all touch devices such as the Z10 and Z30 with nothing to really upgrade to. Last week we put up a poll asking
    The article doesn't say that BlackBerry won't be launching a new all-touch; just that most people here would prefer one over a QWERTY.

To add my own opinion:

I would also really like a new all-touch...though, I would prefer one in Q1 r Q2 FY 2016 so that there are 6 months to work with the newer processors (which come out in Q3 FY 2015 [or Q4 2014]) so I can hope and pray that a 64-bit all-touch is actually out by then...I jsut got my Z30 so I'm actually happy.
    07-21-14 01:54 AM
    I would be interested in an all-touch if, and only if, they add gesture typing (aka Flow aka Swype) to the BB10 virtual keyboard. If not, I'll either stay with hardware keyboard or move to a different platform. That's what I've learned after extensive experience with the different ways of doing text entry.

I doubt there are many others who have the same preference set, though.
    07-21-14 09:17 AM
    You don't have to change phones every year. If you're still satisfied with your z30 then you can continue using it till the high end full touch comes out, if ever

Posted via CB10
    Like the op, I love my z30. But I love upgrading my phones. I got the 30 a few months ago hut I'm ready to start looking for a new phone. I don't plan on jumping ship, but BlackBerry needs to hive me something to look forward to.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    07-21-14 09:32 AM
    If both passport and classic turn out to be failures(sales wise), we won't see any more phones from Blackberry.
    This could very well be true and is what I have been afraid of since the Passport announcement.
    07-21-14 09:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    But outside this community they are going to rush out in droves to buy the Passport??
    07-21-14 09:59 AM

Here is the "business class only wants keyboard devices" myth again. I along with many others are business people who want and use all touch. Some of us business type people have moved away from keyboard phones. Why does nobody seem to get that? Hello John Chen, you listening?
    07-21-14 10:03 AM
    Let's state 2 things right off the bat:

1) I don't want to jump ships anytime soon, so blackberry is my device of choice for the next few years unless they really **** up...

2) I been a loyal blackberry user and bought every flagship device they released since the bold 9780 (big throwback)

Now my problem is, what devices is blackberry going to release in the next 5 months? Passport and the "classic"? Not trying to learn and adapt to a new Form factor and a very awkward looking handset so passport is out of the question. The classic? Heard it's going to be medium specs? That true? Are you ****ting me?

I been upgrading my BlackBerry every year, went from 9780 to 9900 to Z10 and to Z30 of November of last year which is my current phone...

You kidding me right only 2 devices? Like I WANT to continue to use blackberry. Where are the high end all touch devices?? Why is the classic going to be medium specs?? Don't even ask me why I need "high specs", why do you drive a BMW and not a civic? I want my high end blackberry device this fall and if i wont see one (forget passport) there is only one choice left to do and that is sell my phone before it loses value

Posted via CB10
    I honestly don't know what all the fuss is about, BlackBerry has traditionally been conservative with their product launches.

It took 2 years for the 9700 to be fully replaced with the 9900, (I don't count the 9780 as it was really a 9700 with some very minor tinkering and it didn't fully replace the 9700 at the time). It took 20 months for the Z10 to be launched after the 9900 but the Q10, the 9900's real replacement, came out 23 months after the 9900 launch.

The simple fact is BlackBerry has been releasing devices at a much faster pace since the Z10 launch, (including the 9720 there have been 6 new devices in a year), and it doesn't seem to be working. I'm guessing with the focus more on Enterprise, who are far more conservative when it comes to device changes, that we'll be back to longer launch gaps between new devices and that's fine by me.
    07-21-14 10:26 AM
103 12345