Oh please, BlackBerry has released 3 and repeat 3 all touch phones in 1.5 years and only one qwerty. They need to pay attention to their keyboard phones for the next 3-4 months. After that, it will be back to the all touch again. It's not rocket science.

Posted via CB10
    ^^^This^^^

I am happy with my Z30 but would prefer an upgrade to my Q10 (Passport) this year and Z30 in 2015.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt and Shadowyugi like this.
    07-20-14 10:56 AM
    Oh please, BlackBerry has released 3 and repeat 3 all touch phones in 1.5 years and only one qwerty. They need to pay attention to their keyboard phones for the next 3-4 months. After that, it will be back to the all touch again. It's not rocket science.

Posted via CB10
    Of course they'll be back to touch phones. People are just ridiculously impatient....

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Flatman, wincyUt and Shadowyugi like this.
    07-20-14 10:59 AM
    What's wrong with the Z30?

Germany. 2014 FIFA World Cup Champs!
    07-20-14 11:00 AM
    Of course they'll be back to touch phones. People are just ridiculously impatient....

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    If both passport and classic turn out to be failures(sales wise), we won't see any more phones from Blackberry.
    BKA22 and lift like this.
    07-20-14 11:01 AM
    Let's state 2 things right off the bat:

1) I don't want to jump ships anytime soon, so blackberry is my device of choice for the next few years unless they really **** up...

2) I been a loyal blackberry user and bought every flagship device they released since the bold 9780 (big throwback)

Now my problem is, what devices is blackberry going to release in the next 5 months? Passport and the "classic"? Not trying to learn and adapt to a new Form factor and a very awkward looking handset so passport is out of the question. The classic? Heard it's going to be medium specs? That true? Are you ****ting me?

I been upgrading my BlackBerry every year, went from 9780 to 9900 to Z10 and to Z30 of November of last year which is my current phone...

You kidding me right only 2 devices? Like I WANT to continue to use blackberry. Where are the high end all touch devices?? Why is the classic going to be medium specs?? Don't even ask me why I need "high specs", why do you drive a BMW and not a civic? I want my high end blackberry device this fall and if i wont see one (forget passport) there is only one choice left to do and that is sell my phone before it loses value

Posted via CB10
    Like the BlackBerry Knight article that CB posted last week.

http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-k...-z10-successor

Now that is something that I look forward to seeing. And a great reason to stay BlackBerry. Just reading about the specs makes me drool. It is exactly what is needed to get BlackBerry back in the cell phone game again. It could even be better than the S5 or M8. People would forget about an iPhone instantly with a BlackBerry Knight.
    Mr. Chen, make it so.

? Posted via CB10 on my ? Z10.
    Kamika007z likes this.
    07-20-14 11:06 AM
    If both passport and classic turn out to be failures(sales wise), we won't see any more phones from Blackberry.
    If. If.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    07-20-14 11:06 AM
    Yes IF they do fail, I think this is a real possibility. Let's hope it doesn't happen.

Z10
    lift likes this.
    07-20-14 11:07 AM
    You think the 9780 is a throwback phone?
    Lol I read that and thought the same thing as well. 9780 a throwback? What?
    07-20-14 11:08 AM
    Like the BlackBerry Knight article that CB posted last week.

http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-k...-z10-successor

Now that is something that I look forward to seeing. And a great reason to stay BlackBerry. Just reading about the specs makes me drool. It is exactly what is needed to get BlackBerry back in the cell phone game again. It could even be better than the S5 or M8. People would forget about an iPhone instantly with a BlackBerry Knight.
    Mr. Chen, make it so.

The same thing we heard about the Z10, Z30, Passport, etc.

07-20-14 11:09 AM
    The same thing we heard about the Z10, Z30, Passport, etc.

Exactly

07-20-14 11:22 AM
    What's really gonna get me annoyed is an over priced Passport and if 10.3 doesn't fix some of the bugs like duplicate contacts.

Posted via CB10
    You need to check your contacts 'link' setup. I've consistently fixed my duplicate since 10.1 on 5 z10's I've owned.

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    07-20-14 11:41 AM
    His issue is, like every other person with other phones, he expects new phones to be bigger and badder with innovation and new features.

His argument is completely reasonable, it's the expectation nowadays.
    Unfortunately so, tech companies initially set the pace for our expectations and unfortunately it seems we're running ahead of them because we want more and expect more from every device now on a yearly basis!
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    07-20-14 12:44 PM
    Just an opinion and advice, DON'T make a judgment call on the Passport or Classic before you use them. You might LOVE one or both.

Also, all BlackBerry 10 phones are getting 10.3, that's like getting a new phone.

And you never know, a 16:9 phone might come out early next year.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 12:49 PM
    I cannot logically believe that there is no high end full touchscreen from BlackBerry coming down the pike. Call me crazy, and I am sure that all of you would not hesitate to, but Chen knows that in order for BlackBerry to become truly profitable again in the handset business, he needs to cater to both, the PKB and full touchscreen crowds. He pulled no punches when he made it clear from the start that he would return BlackBerry to its roots by focusing the majority of his efforts and BlackBerry’s resources on strengthening the enterprise side of the business, first and foremost.

As, has been stated in several CrackBerry forum discussions, a big part of this strategy, is to persuade the BBOS 7/enterprise hold-outs to come on board with the newer BB10 devices. He’s worried enough by these hold-outs to authorize more production runs of the Bold 9900 series phones, in the event that he cannot convince them to swap out their BBOS 7 devices for the newer BB10 versions. The tool belt on the BlackBerry Classic is no doubt aimed at these individuals as well as the other tool belt/trackpad lovers who have already moved on to BB10. Hopefully this strategic meshing of the old with the new will work out as planned.

Chen is no fool and knows that he has to produce a true flagship full touchscreen phone with all the bells and whistles. I don’t know when it will come to fruition, but hopefully it’s soon. I think that the specs on the BlackBerry Passport, shows that the higher-ups are now more willing to spec up devices to compete with other handset makers, spec wise. I also believe that after these two new devices have been launched and the hoopla has faded, Chen will hit us up with a new full touchscreen flagship phone worth the wait, but first, he needs to take care of business and address the BBOS 7/enterprise hold-out situation. In my opinion, their numbers are essential to BlackBerry’s future in the handset business and despite what others think, there has to be some type of research driving these decisions.
    07-20-14 12:52 PM
    If sales wise they profit they'll be considered as successes. They'll be failures to everyone else's eyes.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-20-14 02:21 PM
    None of our complaints are a big deal to them. Their first and utmost goal is to get back into the business world.

CB10 on the Q10
    07-20-14 02:27 PM
    07-20-14 02:45 PM
    Like you'll ever going to get BlackBerry again.

Must be nice to upgrade phone every year.

Posted via CB10
    I don't understand. I buy my phone every two years.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    07-20-14 03:09 PM
    Another 16:9 phone is coming, calm down guys.

I BET no one goes or would go crazy if Samsung or Apple would make you wait longer than usual to get the "upgrade." But somehow, people exaggerate when it comes to BlackBerry. Hey, maybe those people don't have anything better to do.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    07-20-14 03:30 PM
    I think another interesting poll would be how many people prefer an all touch BlackBerry vs qwerty BlackBerry (or vice versa).

Z10
    07-20-14 03:31 PM
    I don't understand. I buy my phone every two years.

First sentence was toward you.

Second was toward the thread starter.
    07-20-14 03:35 PM
    First sentence was toward you.

Second was toward the thread starter.
    I'm going to try out a Classic and possibly use it as a secondary phone. Assuming I can get one for a good price used.

07-20-14 03:42 PM
    First world problems. Life must be tough.

Posted via rotary phone
    07-20-14 03:53 PM
    BlackBerry never said the classic would have medium specs. So DONT jump to conclusions OP.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    acovey likes this.
    07-20-14 03:58 PM
    I want a new BlackBerry every Year. I want it better than the competition. Water proof so I can take my BlackBerry tubing down the river. Infrared so my lazy as does not have to find the remote to my cable. Facebook that is actually current with timely events so I don't miss out. A decent gps app so I can find places I'm looking for. And wireless charging to a battery that will last 2 days. I love BlackBerry I've had a BlackBerry since 04 and I'll have one as long ad they are selling one. But BlackBerry needs to compete with android not catch up.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 04:07 PM
103 1234 ...