Let's state 2 things right off the bat:

1) I don't want to jump ships anytime soon, so blackberry is my device of choice for the next few years unless they really **** up...

2) I been a loyal blackberry user and bought every flagship device they released since the bold 9780 (big throwback)

Now my problem is, what devices is blackberry going to release in the next 5 months? Passport and the "classic"? Not trying to learn and adapt to a new Form factor and a very awkward looking handset so passport is out of the question. The classic? Heard it's going to be medium specs? That true? Are you ****ting me?

I been upgrading my BlackBerry every year, went from 9780 to 9900 to Z10 and to Z30 of November of last year which is my current phone...

You kidding me right only 2 devices? Like I WANT to continue to use blackberry. Where are the high end all touch devices?? Why is the classic going to be medium specs?? Don't even ask me why I need "high specs", why do you drive a BMW and not a civic? I want my high end blackberry device this fall and if i wont see one (forget passport) there is only one choice left to do and that is sell my phone before it loses value

Posted via CB10
    rallen562, lift, megajo123 and 3 others like this.
    07-19-14 10:47 PM
    You don't have to change phones every year. If you're still satisfied with your z30 then you can continue using it till the high end full touch comes out, if ever

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 10:50 PM
    You don't have to change phones every year. If you're still satisfied with your z30 then you can continue using it till the high end full touch comes out, if ever

Posted via CB10
    His issue is, like every other person with other phones, he expects new phones to be bigger and badder with innovation and new features.

His argument is completely reasonable, it's the expectation nowadays.
    07-19-14 10:53 PM
    I agree, I want something besides the two. I think it's just a gimmicky waste of time with the passport (quicker to just have symbols on the keys and whatnot) and I don't want a trackpad-filled classic (waste of screen space to me) what I really want is a high end full touch. I want the 8 gig of ram 1080p 5'+ beast that was rumored and it seems like plenty of others agree. I think BlackBerry is screwing up big time by not having a new and innovative fulltouch out. Losing out on existing customers business.
    lift likes this.
    07-20-14 12:23 AM
    The way I see it, BlackBerry will improve on OS, so less fire power shall be required.

At least, that's what I hope for.

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    Monsterlad and flyingsolid like this.
    07-20-14 12:32 AM
    New touch screen BlackBerry's will be available. There is just a delay in announcing them and when they do, the specs will be better than the Z10 and the Z30 but will still be less than Samsung etc.

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    07-20-14 12:37 AM
    New touch screen BlackBerry's will be available. There is just a delay in announcing them and when they do, the specs will be better than the Z10 and the Z30 but will still be less than Samsung etc.

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    Sure! Agree 100 percent! Bring in a Z50, let's face it, it doesn't need specs better than Samsung, as the Android operating system is a pig and requires more to run it...BlackBerry does not!

Posted via CB10
    HighFlight88 likes this.
    07-20-14 12:53 AM
    New touch devices are scheduled for end of the year. But I doubt they will be released.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 01:15 AM
    Just wondering how hard it would be to release the z30 with an improved camera, more internal memory (at least 32Gb), 1080p, and a slightly faster processor. I'd pick one up I a heart beat.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    07-20-14 02:02 AM
    You soon will get OS 10.3.1 so wait then update OS, it is like having got a new phone... other upgrade from iAny4 to iAny5 by getting a new phone, you only need a Data connection...
    Be patient!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    gokulesh likes this.
    07-20-14 02:21 AM
    9900 to z10 was like 2.5 years so not sure how your still annoyed on the *yearly* upgrades. personally im being won over by passport mind you i would like to play with one before im set on it but i think i found my new device.
    acovey, Shadowyugi and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    07-20-14 02:58 AM
    Z3 is coming to North America with better specs then what they offer in Asia, but who knows if it will even have better specs then the Z10

C0020AFC4
    07-20-14 03:18 AM
    I would have to agree with the OP, a bigger, badder, high tech z50 would certainly be the logical approach. I am going a buy a passport out of curiosity depending on the launch price.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    07-20-14 04:36 AM
    Z3 is coming to North America with better specs then what they offer in Asia, but who knows if it will even have better specs then the Z10

C0020AFC4
    Wait. What? Really? The Z3 is being released here with bumped specs?

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    07-20-14 05:03 AM
    Wait. What? Really? The Z3 is being released here with bumped specs?

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    Like you'll ever going to get BlackBerry again.

Must be nice to upgrade phone every year.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 06:09 AM
    What an IMPACT here!!

Well. Actually I am very fine right now with the Z30. Great phone still!

But imagine a POWER line-up with Passport, Classic and the Crystal (rumored full touch BlackBerry).

3 Top notch Troopers. OP is right you have 2 qwerty and we need still 1 full touch device. You can't let that slide.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 08:00 AM
    What an IMPACT here!!

Well. Actually I am very fine right now with the Z30. Great phone still!

But imagine a POWER line-up with Passport, Classic and the Crystal (rumored full touch BlackBerry).

3 Top notch Troopers. OP is right you have 2 qwerty and we need still 1 full touch device. You can't let that slide.

Posted via CB10
    Yep I hope they fast track the release of their flagship full touch phone. I'm still weighing if I should get a Z30 soon or continue using my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 08:23 AM
    New touch devices are scheduled for end of the year. But I doubt they will be released.

Posted via CB10
    Source?

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 08:36 AM
    Just wondering how hard it would be to release the z30 with an improved camera, more internal memory (at least 32Gb), 1080p, and a slightly faster processor. I'd pick one up I a heart beat.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Must be real hard. I have seen this comment on every phone they have made since I joined in 09
    07-20-14 08:39 AM
    You think the 9780 is a throwback phone?
    Supa_Fly1, Crypt1c, Rello and 1 others like this.
    07-20-14 08:58 AM
    Instead if getting a new phone, why don't you try the new 10.3.1 on your z30. It's suppose to be on a whole new level. That transform your experience with the z30.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 09:04 AM
    I can understand where the OP is coming from.

Before the passport was announced I was wondering what I was going to do once my upgrade became available - although I usually keep my phones for 2 years and I'm still very happy with my Z10. Just was starting to get that itch of 'what's next'.

I'm personally going to try out the passport, but I also wonder what the next full-touch will be like. An upgraded Z3 would be nice. I like the looks of that one.

Hopefully whatever they have in the pipeline gets released before Christmas.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 09:42 AM
    What's really gonna get me annoyed is an over priced Passport and if 10.3 doesn't fix some of the bugs like duplicate contacts.

Posted via CB10
    MADBRADNYC and Flatman like this.
    07-20-14 09:48 AM
    Those of us who want to stay with BlackBerry but don't want to go back to a qwerty device are in a tough spot right now. We really don't know when or even if there will actually be another flagship full touch. Yea it's in the plans but anything can happen considering the current financial position and apparent strategy of the company. If Passport and Classic don't do well, BlackBerry could make the decision to get out of the handset business completely. They could stay in the handset business but decided to cater strictly to the keyboard business device. Things just seem very much up in the air right now for the full touch. I feel that right now the flagship full touch device is just not a priority for BlackBerry or a device they feel that they really need to release in order to get the bottom line where they want it.

Z10
    lift likes this.
    07-20-14 10:30 AM
    Oh please, BlackBerry has released 3 and repeat 3 all touch phones in 1.5 years and only one qwerty. They need to pay attention to their keyboard phones for the next 3-4 months. After that, it will be back to the all touch again. It's not rocket science.

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh, mkiiw, skibnik and 5 others like this.
    07-20-14 10:42 AM
103 123 ...