I was referring to the title of the thread which, as you know, determines whether people will have interest in reading your post or not. Second you said
    "So if you are even considering switching to iPhone, talk to your friends that have used a bb before they switched to iPhone or just slap your face. Don't be as stupid as I was, there is nothing there." that sounds like you are saying it is "unusable" to me.
    And the statement that the opinion is BIASED, doesn't add a sense of perspective to you? Well I don't know what can be discussed further.
    11-02-12 08:27 AM
    Oh I didn't forget, I just don't feel like getting into pointless debates with obvious trouble makers.
    But since you asked so nicely: both on wifi only and 3g
    Oh really? You were the first one in, and you are still making statements that are obviously not true. I'm really sorry but I'll have to see in order to believe how iPad beats bb in push email under heavy use on 3G. Sure occasional email can get pushed through quicker, but I don't think one can go as far as making a claim that this is a regular thing.
    11-02-12 08:34 AM
    Oh really? You were the first one in, and you are still making statements that are obviously not true. I'm really sorry but I'll have to see in order to believe how iPad beats bb in push email under heavy use on 3G. Sure occasional email can get pushed through quicker, but I don't think one can go as far as making a claim that this is a regular thing.
    I receive email instantly on my iPhone, same with my galaxy nexus. *shrugs*

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    11-02-12 08:40 AM
    I have a work issued iPhone 4 and a personal Blackberry 9900 so I can share my personal opinion after using both together for some time.

To be fair, emails are almost instant on the iPhone and iPad (when it works). However, my carrier constantly loses connection to my Exchange server, hence my BB gets the mail first most of the time.

But I do agree with you that the iPhone is more of an entertainment device (personal opinion) rather than a workhorse. I get about 250 work emails a day and my BB handles them so much better than the iPhone. I basically use my iPhone for killing time and music. For emails related to work, I still use my BB (though the iPhone is work issued, I don't even have mail configured on my iPhone anymore).

So, to each his own and anybody will definitely have something better to say about a device that they prefer over another.
    11-02-12 08:50 AM
    Statements that aren't true? You mean like saying you can't reply to emails "within minutes" on an iPhone? Others have already stated that push is instant or near instant on their i-devices, the same as Blackberry. So what exactly was stopping you from replying?

It never ceases to amaze me how some people find it necessary to falsely discredit other devices in order to somehow justify their choice of phone. Just be happy with what you have without lying about others.
    11-02-12 09:33 AM
    most people that i know that have switch from BB to iPhone they have no problems with it. They are just happy to have apps/games to play with other people. These are college students that i am referring to. For those complaining that iPhone's battery cant be removed in case it dies and be switched, they have an iPhone case battery pack that charges your iphone. I am a BB user, i also am not a big fan of apple products but thats just me, as we can see millions love it.
    11-02-12 09:53 AM
    Choice is a GOOD thing and having several that offer a slightly different way to achieve your needs, to me, means the consumer wins.
    11-02-12 10:24 AM
    Statements that aren't true? You mean like saying you can't reply to emails "within minutes" on an iPhone? Others have already stated that push is instant or near instant on their i-devices, the same as Blackberry. So what exactly was stopping you from replying?

It never ceases to amaze me how some people find it necessary to falsely discredit other devices in order to somehow justify their choice of phone. Just be happy with what you have without lying about others.
    Listen, I've had enough of this rubbish of yours. It's only you and Marty, who are claiming that iPhone receives messages instantly (And I'm sorry but only one of you has an iPhone) everyone else is talking about near instant. And that is when all is good. In the real life, however, you don't always have full reception or wifi available, and this is when iPhone starts to under perform. I have to agree with ALToronto, on the 5-10 minutes as a general rule for getting emails pushed through on an iPhone. And no sometimes it's not good enough.

It amazes me how some people find it necessary to comment on topics they have no idea about. If you don't use an iPhone what gives you an idea that you know how it works? Because you own a different device made by the same company? Really?
    11-02-12 12:09 PM
    Choice is a GOOD thing and having several that offer a slightly different way to achieve your needs, to me, means the consumer wins.
    Exactly what this thread was originally about!
    11-02-12 12:10 PM
    Listen, I've had enough of this rubbish of yours. It's only you and Marty, who are claiming that iPhone receives messages instantly (And I'm sorry but only one of you has an iPhone) everyone else is talking about near instant. And that is when all is good. In the real life, however, you don't always have full reception or wifi available, and this is when iPhone starts to under perform. I have to agree with ALToronto, on the 5-10 minutes as a general rule for getting emails pushed through on an iPhone. And no sometimes it's not good enough.

It amazes me how some people find it necessary to comment on topics they have no idea about. If you don't use an iPhone what gives you an idea that you know how it works? Because you own a different device made by the same company? Really?
    I completely agree, maybe people with iphones that sit in an office all day and stay connected to the same wifi never have any problems but those of us who are constantly on the move know it's a different storry.

Can I remind people iphones don't have push email for all email accounts, no push for POP3 accounts for example.
    11-02-12 12:21 PM
    Oh I didn't forget, I just don't feel like getting into pointless debates with obvious trouble makers.
    But since you asked so nicely: both on wifi only and 3g
    I almost choked on my coffee when I read that one.
    11-02-12 12:40 PM
    Did you set your account up with the wrong settings? My iPhone AND iPad receive emails as quickly as my BlackBerry. Wifi, 3G, no matter. In fact, often I'll have had time to read the summary on my iPhone's lock screen before my BB beeps at me.

Can I remind people iphones don't have push email for all email accounts, no push for POP3 accounts for example.
    Who uses POP3 these days? It's not the 1980s anymore, even free email from your ISP should have IMAP support and can be configured as an Exchange server on an iPhone.
    11-02-12 12:41 PM
    I almost choked on my coffee when I read that one.
    Guess I didn't try hard enough then. Back in your cave!
    11-02-12 12:45 PM
    Did you set your account up with the wrong settings? My iPhone AND iPad receive emails as quickly as my BlackBerry. Wifi, 3G, no matter. In fact, often I'll have had time to read the summary on my iPhone's lock screen before my BB beeps at me.

Who uses POP3 these days? It's not the 1980s anymore, even free email from your ISP should have IMAP support and can be configured as an Exchange server on an iPhone.
    People who are forced to use them trough work, like my wife for example.

BTW IMAP doesn't give you push email on an iphone, IMAP idle does sort of, if you move a lot it will not know where the device is to push the email to resulting in delays.
    11-02-12 12:48 PM
    Several folks in this thread need to take in down a notch!

11-02-12 01:07 PM
    From my experience with iPhones is that it receives emails almost as fast as blackberry but iphone mail app sucks compared to blackberry mail client. But apple has gotten better with receiving and sending out emails.
    11-02-12 01:11 PM
    11-02-12 01:13 PM
    Lol keep the youtube vids coming!
    11-02-12 01:23 PM
    Guess I didn't try hard enough then. Back in your cave!
    Just be happy with what you have without lying about others. LoL
    11-02-12 01:44 PM
    I really enjoyed reading that - thanks for taking the time to write it!

Must say, I love the genius of the red LED - not just on the smartphone but on the PlayBook too.
    11-02-12 01:54 PM
    Calling/Reception/Antenna
    Connected to wifi and walk out of router range while talking= Dropped call.
    Same thing happens on my 9900 on the Tmobile USA network. I am able to switch from mobile network to wifi mid-call but not the other way around without the call being dropped.

Don't quite get how all you wrote translates into BlackBerry saving your life
    11-02-12 02:10 PM
    Got to say it's the LED that keeps me too, and the push email, BBM, and keyboard!
    11-02-12 02:11 PM
    Different devices suit different people........

Harry_III_UK, bungaboy and sydsam like this.
    11-02-12 02:18 PM
    Just be happy with what you have without lying about others. LoL
    Yup, sound advice. You still choking?
    11-02-12 02:25 PM
    Same thing happens on my 9900 on the Tmobile USA network. I am able to switch from mobile network to wifi mid-call but not the other way around without the call being dropped.
    Huh...that's interesting. I always thought WiFi calling (i.e. not UMA calling) didn't allow you to do either. Guess I was wrong.
    11-02-12 02:33 PM
102 1234 ...