I'm sitting here, reading the Crackberry blog in the front page, looking at the news, and thinking about how often all these new applications are for the Bold and the 8900 but not for the Curve.

I'm the proud owner of a 8310 Curve, that I bought 7 months ago and it seems that my device is already starting to be obsolete.

I love new applications, I love to try them, buy them. But all the fun ones are never for me, it's always for a device or OS I don't have.

Hey you, you can play with Brickbreaker while I will enjoy this amazing game on my Super Bold!

Is this how my Curve will die?
    Sure I will be able to make calls and reply to my emails, but I won't do all that the cool kids can do with their new Blackberries.

I'm sad
    05-13-09 11:10 AM
    the curve is an amazing device! most of the new can be used for the curve, unless it's a storm only device or unless it says for 4.6 +. don't feel sad. the curve will not die.
    05-13-09 11:14 AM
    I feel the same way about my Curve 8330
    05-13-09 11:15 AM
    It may be the start. With the new line of devices coming out, our current Curves will eventually become the "oldies."

For instance, the new Curves have all these applications and such coming out for them like you mentioned, and look at the devices name! The Curve. But we have the Curve!? Yes, the old one.

Blackberry Tour, Blackberry Storm, Blackberry Curve and a bunch more to follow are RIM's new line up of devices, all which will eventually run the 5.0 software. Although the current Curve's will also receive the 5.0 upgrade, it will, in my opinion, not get as many new applications.
    05-13-09 11:15 AM
    BB Curve is rated the number one phone right now... google it
    05-13-09 11:16 AM
    Haha good one eshields, that's got to cheer you guys up a bit!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 11:35 AM
    I love my Curve 8330. I just got it! Hope they stick around for a long time.
    05-13-09 11:43 AM
    I love my Curve 8330. I just got it! Hope they stick around for a long time.
    Same here! I was due to upgrade and the new one hadn't made it to Verizon at the time. I wonder if it will be pink....but then again the new report I heard on my local says Iphone is coming to Verizon....I'll have to play with the keyboard and decide if that touchscreen works for me.
    05-13-09 11:48 AM
    Haha good one eshields, that's got to cheer you guys up a bit!

It doesn't.
    What's good in having the most sold device on the planet if nothing new and cool is made for it.
    05-13-09 11:51 AM
    But if its the most sold its stupid for stuff not to be made for it! The Verizon store reps were all carrying them and my rep didn't care for the Storm.
    05-13-09 12:07 PM
    I swear by the curve it will never die.
    05-13-09 01:07 PM
    I agree blessed2bamommie. It's stupid to not make apps for the most popular selling cell on the planet atm. I love this phone. I've had my 8330 for 6 months now and if gsm service was better here I'd make the switch to a bold in a heartbeat (mainly for the wifi) however that is not the case
    05-13-09 02:14 PM
    the curve will never die!
    05-13-09 02:18 PM
    Are you confusing new themes for applications? If so, well - thats an entirely different matter. I don't see application development slowing down for 83xx devices. BlackBerry smartphones, in general, do not enjoy the tidal wave of new "apps" every week like iPhone's do. IMO, that's a good thing - as most of what I see/hear (my GF has an iPod Touch) is crap.

I'm still rocking my 8330 with pride. Sure, it's not a top of the line model - but it suits me just fine...

ALB
    05-13-09 02:30 PM
    Hey don't feel bad. I have a 8310. I've only been a bb user for about 2 months, and I love it. I got my bb at walmart for $28.88!!!!!!!!!! My nephew got his 2 weeks later for $18.88. No its not the the newest model, but trust me I am more than satisfied.

05-13-09 03:07 PM
    sometimes i use my 7290... thats when i feel left out...
    05-13-09 03:18 PM
    sometimes i use my 7290... thats when i feel left out...
    Good point ha!
    05-13-09 07:49 PM
    I <3 my Curve!
    It's customized with a green housing, I love it's themes, and it does everything I could need my phone to do.
    05-13-09 07:57 PM
    I agree blessed2bamommie. It's stupid to not make apps for the most popular selling cell on the planet atm. I love this phone. I've had my 8330 for 6 months now and if gsm service was better here I'd make the switch to a bold in a heartbeat (mainly for the wifi) however that is not the case
    However I've had to go to some app developers and ask if they were disrespecting the BB b/c the apps were for Iphone!
    05-14-09 12:54 PM
    Yes, this is how BB's die. They eventually go wayside with newer and newer coming out. The 83xx was a great phone and excellent for a BB newbie. Also its deadnuts reliable, be glad you DON'T own a storm

05-14-09 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD