Hi I want to transit from my iphone 5 to a blackberry again since my bold days. Since all other specs are almost identical i have to ask. Which of the two has the longest battery life and how much is this under heavy browsing and some android apps.
    04-14-15 01:21 PM
    Depends on what Bold you have. You cannot run Android apps if you don't have BB10 so maybe the Classic is a better choice?
    sumit sharma9 likes this.
    04-14-15 03:43 PM
    Classic.
    04-14-15 03:59 PM
    I don't know how the two compare, but I get a full day out of my Q10 with heavy usage (several hours of phone calls, using facebook and texting and apps/games). Charging it overnight is sufficient. With lower usage, I can get two to three days out of it. The caveat is that it loses battery life more quickly if not in the holster the rest of the time. Trust me, you don't need the toolbelt of the classic, especially if you're transitioning back from an iphone. The gestures make a lot of sense, and you should be able to do everything you want to do in a couple days. I see no real need for the toolbelt any more, although I do miss the "end call" button (it's on the screen for the Q10, and requires you to "wake up" the screen to be able to press it)
    04-14-15 08:32 PM
    Should also mention my Q10's battery life beats my brother's iphone 5 and 6 by a long shot...
    04-14-15 08:33 PM
    Yeah..classic is a better choice..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-14-15 09:11 PM
    I easily get a day of battery life with my Q10. I enjoy the understated elegance of my Q very much and have no complaints worth mentioning, it's compact size and battery life being the most appreciated traits.

With that said, when I picked up the Classic, it felt like home. A feeling which I haven't felt since my years with a Curve 8530 and a sentiment every other phone I have used has failed to capture. The classic feels solid in the hand, and to be frank, makes the Q feel like a BETA device. The steel band around the Classic and its heavy build lends a robust quality to it, which leaves you doubtless to its longevity and fearless of any drops. It has a larger screen, feels better in the hand (a result of a curved back) and the trackpad on the classic simply makes interacting with text a pleasure. I jot down no where as many notes and ideas on my Q as I did on my curve, and I attribute that to the trackpad, now I find myself reaching for pen and paper more often then I reach for my Q. Don't get me wrong I have used full touch phones and with those I'd write even less

If working with text is important and you want a BlackBerry's BlackBerry, go with the Classic, which will have the better battery life of the two. If size and price are a consideration I'd go with the Q. You can also swap batteries on the Q, so carrying a few spare batteries on you will allow you to have days of battery life at your disposal without the need of a charger. Their both great phones and either one should get you better battery life than your 5s.

Good hunting

"Correct me grammar fascists! I'm ready!"
    Last edited by FobiddenRiceman; 04-16-15 at 03:20 AM.
    04-16-15 02:50 AM
    On identical use my Classic lasts longer than my Q10, but it is not really worth talking about the additional runtime you get out of it. Keep in mind the Classic has just about 20% of additional raw power when it comes to mAH.

Having said that both devices get me through typical days easily, with the Classic has some more reserves to keep going afterwards. On really heavy days the Classic is more reliable when it comes to get through without plugging it in.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 03:32 AM