Something people should be doing EVERY week. I work in the wireless industry and cant stress how many times I have seen clients lose their information because they have never backed up their Blackberry.

05-27-11 01:19 AM
    This isn't really a how-to... It's a link to a how to...

Typically How to:'s generally include some step by step instructions....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-11 01:58 AM
    This isn't really a how-to... It's a link to a how to...

Typically How to:'s generally include some step by step instructions....

I made this video. Its a video walk through guide. You know....like how the technology of videos is booming. Get with technology and watch a video rather than reading.
    05-27-11 02:06 AM
    I made this video. Its a video walk through guide. You know....like how the technology of videos is booming. Get with technology and watch a video rather than reading.
    Video booming...get with the times... You could be the next justin bieber... Everyone is their own stephen speilberg nowasays... I'm just fortunate enough to be able to read I guess, and don't need to be spoon fed...

I already know how to back up my device... I think a step by step guide would be a great addition to your video...

IMO, if someone needs a guide to back up their device, they might find it handy to read along, instead of pausing, rewinding, replaying the video, should they encounter an issue...

If you want to be helpful, you need to go big, or go home

05-27-11 02:16 AM
    Video booming...get with the times... You could be the next justin bieber... Everyone is their own stephen speilberg nowasays... I'm just fortunate enough to be able to read I guess, and don't need to be spoon fed...

I already know how to back up my device... I think a step by step guide would be a great addition to your video...

IMO, if someone needs a guide to back up their device, they might find it handy to read along, instead of pausing, rewinding, replaying the video, should they encounter an issue...

If you want to be helpful, you need to go big, or go home

Well said! Can't agree more.
    05-27-11 05:47 AM
    With the comments in this thread I was expecting something very sketchy, but it's actually a very good video. I think you teach how to do it very well, and a sign of that is that you answer certain questions that I would have if I was just reading someone's step-by-step guide. For example, you address the grayed-out items in the menu, how long it should take, and how the time required to make the backup file could vary. (Someone could be wondering about those things.) The only suggestion I would make, seeing that it doesn't take very long, you should probably be backing up your phone every few days instead of every few weeks!

Last edited by T�nis; 05-27-11 at 06:15 AM.
    05-27-11 06:13 AM
    With the comments in this thread I was expecting something very sketchy, but it's actually a very good video. I think you teach how to do it very well, and a sign of that is that you answer certain questions that I would have if I was just reading someone's step-by-step guide. For example, you address the grayed-out items in the menu, how long it should take, and how the time required to make the backup file could vary. (Someone could be wondering about those things.) The only suggestion I would make, seeing that it doesn't take very long, you should probably be backing up your phone every few days instead of every few weeks!

I agree. I too thought the video was extremely well done. This might have been helpful to share earlier...
    The only issue here is starting. "How to:" thread, that likes to a video... While the video is very helpful, some users would be skeptical, as on first glace, it looks like someone trolling, ot SPAM. Having some sort of directions / information, followed by a link to the very informative guide, would only boost it's credibility, and number of viewers

05-27-11 07:59 AM
    "This video has been removed by user". What happened?

10-10-11 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD