How can I register my debit card as a payment account under payment option?

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 08:55 PM
    I don't think you can, I'm pretty sure it's only paypal, carrier billing, and credit card

Posted via CB10
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-21-14 09:11 PM
    I don't think you can, I'm pretty sure it's only paypal, carrier billing, and credit card

Posted via CB10
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 09:13 PM
    I use a paidup Visa debit card (USA).
    03-21-14 09:30 PM
    I think I like it this way anyway. If something goes wrong, at least there's some recourse.
    I first started out with a credit card way back when. I had an issue and was able to stop payment.
    I later switched to PayPal, as I heard it may have been better to use. I had an issue and was able to have my money refunded.
    I now use carrier billing and had an issue. Called my carrier, and complained. They credited my account and took over the hassle of dealing with Digital River.

From my understanding of what I've read, using debit cards is basically like handing over cash.
    Once the transaction is done, it's done. No recourse. Can't say for sure, but I won't take that chance.
    03-21-14 09:51 PM
    I am using my visa debit card in the payment options. At first I had trouble with bbw because I linked my debit card with paypal. I always recieved transaction cannot be processed. Then when I removed the PayPal and added the debit card, it all went smooth for me.

Mind you, each bank has different policies for online transaction. I have 2 debit cards from different 2 different banks. The one im using (Maybank Malaysia) can do online transaction straight out of the box (meaning after you open the account.) the other debit card, CIMB Bank Malaysia, I cant use it in bbw. It gave me "your credit card cannot be verified". I think I may have to activate the online transaction in the online banking setting via the web, or over the counter. But since I can use my Maybank debit card, I dont bother to activate my CIMB for online purchase even though it is my main bank account.

Try to check with your bank and see if the debit card can be used for online transaction. Its best if you go over the counter and try it on the spot on your phone.

Best of luck!!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 01:13 AM